3" inside fit flange

Users who are viewing this thread

Tommy123

Reaction score
Is there a difference of opinion on the forum about the use of 3" inside fit closet flanges? Older posts seem more negative than newer posts. Obviously, the inside fit restricts (slightly) the diameter of the waste line but with newer toilets using a lot less water, has this become a non-issue?

I could buy a parana (or other tools) to take off the current outside fit flange but is that really necessary?

Dustbunny

Reaction score
I read those posts about not using the inside fit but then I wanted a no wax type seal and the Fernco type rubber seal only fits inside the pipe not a fitting. For some other reasons, I wanted that seal and used an inside fit flange which in that case has no exposed edge.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks