180 degree turn in toilet drain pipe

Users who are viewing this thread

jjain

Reaction score
Currently doing a remodel of our bathroom, and I'm noticing that the contractor has installed a 180 degree turn on the toilet drain pipe in order to get it to connect to the main drain line. The toilet is on the 2nd floor.

I have a feeling that the sharp turn would lead to increased chances of clogs. Will this be OK?

Attachments

• received_454215885288030.jpeg
    received_454215885288030.jpeg
    106.8 KB · Views: 2,271

jjain

Reaction score
Thanks for confirming, gives me more confidence to push back hard. We had already passed inspection, but had a change in the design afterwards to shift the location of the toilet to another corner, leading to this mess.

Reach4

Reaction score
How about a top view sketch/map of the plumbing routing including vents, if you know.

Cool Blue Harley

One Dumb Plumber
Reaction score
Why not schedule a reinspection to confirm that the reconfigured piping is up to code? You mentioned that the bathroom is on the second floor. Is there a floor above?

Houptee

Reaction score
That 180 is from a P trap fitting and not allowed on its side like that.
Set the toilet flange and pipe to it, even if its fixed temporary on a scrap piece of plywood in the exact location it needs to be but dont glue the flange so you can pull it off and put the real subfloor after you are done with everything.

Houptee

Reaction score
1564af4a-baf5-4375-b33c-fb18e4ab3893_1.0efbc17359ad508b11b9f71342600f77.jpeg

Bottom of this fitting look familiar?
That's the only way that 180 bend is allowed to be installed. As a trap not as a U-turn for poo poo.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks