14" rough in with offset flange

Users who are viewing this thread

susan mcnally

Reaction score
Building a basement bathroom. the custom cabinet make screwed up and the vanity is only 13" from the center of the toilet flange, so I used an offset flange to gain the minimum of 15". then I had no idea that the rough in dictates the toilet "size".. so I got a very nice Kohler dual flush 12' rough in, installed in and it is about 4" away from the wall and looks really dumb. Plus it sticks out into the room too far. I have been searching for a 14" rough in, round bowl, taller height ( 15"-16") and cannot find one anywhere. Reading through this forum, it looks like the Toto unifit is similar to the offset flange and will allow the toilet to move back towards the wall, but it seems like that might be too many odd contortions for water and paper to navigate without clogs. any thoughts?

Reach4

Reaction score
The extra path is a straight line. No contortions added.

I think all of the Toto toilets that use the Unifit adapters will accept a 14 inch Unifit... Not all 14 inch Unifits are same, so get the one your toilet uses.

Kohler has toilets with a similar feature to the Unifit adapters .

Is 14 inch rough just what you need, or would you prefer more like 15 inches?

Reach4

Reaction score
Do you really want a round toilet? How about a Toto Aquia IV with the 14 inch unifit. It is elongated, but may intrude into the room less than the toilet you identify. The deal is that many 14 inch toilets have the same base as the 12 inch toilets, but have a deeper tank to fill the space to the wall.

Is 14 inch rough just what you need, or would you prefer more like 15 inches?

susan mcnally

Reaction score
so this is a basement bathroom which will not be used on a regular basis- its for my guest suite. I do need a 14" rough in- the measurement is 13 3/4" and I really don't like the look of the elongate toilets, so round is better for my situation I think.
do you have any information or thoughts on the signature hardware toilet?
https://www.signaturehardware.com/bradenton-two-piece-round-toilet-white.html

Reach4

Reaction score
I do not, other than confirming, on your link, my previous comments that it just has a deeper tank to fill the space.

Bradenton Two-Piece RoundToilet Measurements:
  • 10" Rough-In: 26" W X 30" H.
  • 12" Rough-In: 26-3/4"" W X 30-1/4" H.
  • 14" Rough-In: 28-3/4" W 30-1/4" H.

Last edited:
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks