1/4" PEX?

Users who are viewing this thread

keweenawbee

Reaction score
Hi. Haven't been here for so long but always remembered this forum was a great help. I am wondering if a 3/8" compression fitting on a tee stop will accept a Sioux Chief 1/4" PEX line (3/8" OD)? The internal ring of the fitting goes around the PEX right? Just want to check here first before I install it and find a leak. I know that 1/4" PEX is a weird size but it's perfect for what I want to do (hook up an ice maker a distance away)

Jadnashua

Retired Defense Industry Engineer xxx
Reaction score
When using a compression fitting on pex, it requires an internal ferrule to hold the tubing round and give the compression washer something solid to push against that creates the seal. Otherwise, the tubing can just distort and not make a good seal or sometimes, actually hold the tubing properly at all.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks