Search results

1. Dan

Cut copper tub spout too short: nipple extension?

i have a delta tub faucet i'm installing. i see other posts about this. i'm wondering if this product that slips inside the 1/2" copper pipe would work? it would restrict flow a bit but would it matter all that much? this sioux chief product...
  2. Dan

PVC 90-degree long sweep 'turned' at an angle?

Hi all, once again here for some help: can I turn a PVC 90-degree long sweep elbow slightly towards its side? The problem is the plumbing below my bathroom is not in line with the wall above it. I am replacing some old steel 1.5" drain pipe and when I took the section out it is not perfectly...
  3. Dan

DIY bathroom sink galvanized --> PVC

asking for feed back on my plumbing: i replaced a section of galvanized pipe that drains the bathroom sink. here are some photos (please ignore the water, was struggling a bit with leaks). https://i.imgur.com/moyMEwX.jpg https://i.imgur.com/ocRUy2H.jpg i replaced only this section for now...
  4. Dan

Galvanized steel to PVC in bathroom: plumbing vent + tub drain

hoping to get some feedback on my work. i should have done this before doing the work but here we are. i'm hoping not to rip it all out and do it again but there's that possibility. i would rather do it again now than after a failed inspection. i am most confused about the sanitary tee for the...
  5. Dan

Shower+tub combo: copper to tub spout?

i am putting in new water piping for my tub+shower combo. the cold water and hot water will be pex and will run into the rough. delta multichoice rough delta tub and shower trim: Monitor 17 Series Trinsic given my research, seems PEX isn't a good choice to use for the connection between the...
  6. Dan

Adding bathroom sink clean out

hi all, hoping the more experienced can provide some feedback on my idea to include clean outs when i replace my bathroom sink as part of my bathroom gut renovation. i stumbled across this post here in the forums that inspired me to think about the clean out. i want to add clean outs in my...
  7. Dan

2" PVC through top and bottom plates of wall

i'm replacing my galvanized steel vent pipe. the galvanized steel vent pipe is vertical and is inside a load-bearing wall with the top and bottom plates notched for the ~1.75" outer diameter pipe. photo of pipe code requires 2" PVC pipe. how can i replace this section of galvanized pipe (i...
  8. Dan

Replacing shower valve: replace copper water piping?

hi all i'm wondering if i can get some feed back: i am remodeling my bathroom and will be adding a new shower valve, a new connection to the shower head, and add inline 'shutoffs.' shower valve will be adding the Delta Multichoice rough in. the water piping are all copper. i will need to cut...
  9. Dan

Plumbing vent: old galvanized to new PVC (amateur)

hi all, wondering if someone can give some advice to me (a home owner trying to improve a few things around the house; a complete amateur) i am replacing galvanized steel piping in my 1940s home. for one 'run' of galvanized steel pipe, it connects into a cast iron stack. my thought is to cut...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks