Search results

1. mich5blue

Bathtub leveling question

Hi everyone, I am hoping to get some advice on next steps for a bathtub installation. Type of tub: American Standard Americast Cambridge (ledger board + apron installation) The subfloor that is the length of the tub is about 5/8 out of level from end to end, and combined with side to side...
  2. mich5blue

Toilet flange question

Hello everyone, my floor tile just got put in, and I am ready to install the toilet. I am wondering a couple of things: 1) Do you think I need to put on an extender? The floor is not level so the toilet will have to be slightly shimmed. The left side of the flange is about 1/8" above the...
  3. mich5blue

Height of rough in drain pipe for bathroom sink

What is the recommended height of roughing in a drain pipe for bathroom sink. Dimensions are as follows: Total height of vanity: 35" Thickness of countertop 3/4" Undermounted sink depth: 6.5" I was thinking about 16-18" on center from the finished floor, but wanted to verify I wasn't way off...
  4. mich5blue

A couple of PEX questions

I am converting from copper to PEX in my vanity wall as I prepare for adding an additional sink. I have two questions: 1) What is the best way to convert from copper to PEX, a female sweat adapter, or something different? 2) Is 1/2" PEX going to be big enough (do I need 3/4"?), I know the...
  5. mich5blue

Best way to lower toilet flange

I am putting in new flooring that will be schluter ditra for substrate and 1/4" tile above it. The problem is my previous flooring (tile) had a 1" thick mortar below it. What is the easiest/best way to lower a toilet flange? As seen in the picture, mine is pretty high to accommodate the...
  6. mich5blue

Plumbing from one sink to two sinks (drain pipe question)

I am planning to add a second sink in my current bathroom remodel. In the picture attached, I am planning to move the water lines to come out the wall (it is an inside wall) vs the floor as it a freestanding vanity. For the drain pipes, what do you think the best way is to tie the sink that...
  7. mich5blue

Can you use PEX to tub spout?

Hello, I am currently installing a new shower valve and converting to copper from the shutoff valve below with 1/2" PEX, and I noticed the instructions say not to use PEX from valve to spout to prevent an issue where water can come out the shower head as well as tub spout to due constriction in...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks