Height of rough in drain pipe for bathroom sink

Users who are viewing this thread

mich5blue

Reaction score
What is the recommended height of roughing in a drain pipe for bathroom sink.

Dimensions are as follows:

Total height of vanity: 35"
Thickness of countertop 3/4"
Undermounted sink depth: 6.5"

I was thinking about 16-18" on center from the finished floor, but wanted to verify I wasn't way off on my measurements. Also, is it best to be centered exactly (left to right) on where the drain will come down on the sink above?

I attached the specs below if someone wanted more information.

Thanks for all the help so far on my project!

Attachments

• vanity-new-compressed.pdf
    65.6 KB · Views: 1,209

Reach4

Reaction score
Also, is it best to be centered exactly (left to right) on where the drain will come down on the sink above?
Within 1.5 inches of centered should be good for a common lavatory where the trap is hidden by the cabinet. That lets the trap arm come out of the trap adapter at right angles to the wall. The normal p-trap adapts to a reasonable offset.

Cacher_Chick

Test, Don't Guess!
Reaction score
It's a lot easier to install the sanitary tee low and adapt the drain to that than it is to find that it is too high later and there is no option but to open the wall up and lower the tee.

Reach4

Reaction score
If you get into a freestanding vanity or something with interfering drawers, you may have to have the vanity first to avoiding having to modify the vanity.
17026-783bd89027cabb47aab91590125a1a31.jpg

The previous answers presumed that your wife would not pick some quirky cabinet after you had closed the wall.

mich5blue

Reaction score
If you get into a freestanding vanity or something with interfering drawers, you may have to have the vanity first to avoiding having to modify the vanity.
17026-783bd89027cabb47aab91590125a1a31.jpg

The previous answers presumed that your wife would not pick some quirky cabinet after you had closed the wall.

thanks, I don't think drawers will be an issue, they are in the middle between the two sinks as shown in the pic

Attachments

• new-vanity.png
    new-vanity.png
    81.9 KB · Views: 2,090
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks