Search results

1. Ameli0rate

Under-sink water filter for better taste?

I live in San Antonio and have hard water. The nice, new water softener does a great job, HOWEVER, the water still tastes a bit chalky to me. I like the "baseline" taste of the Costco bottled water, so I decided to pick up a Brita filter. The water still tastes chalky out of that (same as...
  2. Ameli0rate

Shower with 100% hot water or mix with cold?

To elaborate - does it make sense to set the water heater to a temperature where I can shower with the handle to full-hot, or should the water heater be set to a higher temp and I mix hot and cold in the shower? Does energy savings figure in? If I mix my hot water with cold, I use less water...
  3. Ameli0rate

Bathroom remodel - electric radiant floor heating?

From those who have it (and my memories of it in Europe in the 70's and 80's) it's amazing and a must-have. So we're planning a bathroom remodel, and currently have forced air furnace/AC for the house and the master bath has that little Nutone 1950's looking heater fan in the ceiling. It's...
  4. Ameli0rate

Is there a Toto Ultramax with the 'flat' sides? Dual flush? Or good alternatives?

I have my eyes set on this one: "Toto Ultramax Elongated One Piece Toilet MS854114EG#01" as it seems to fulfill my requirements, but does a version of it exist with the flat sides to make it easier to clean? Do they have a dual-flush option? If not, my ideas for toilets are; 1, One-piece...
  5. Ameli0rate

Filter or RO in the kitchen to solve chalky-tasting water?

The water, even through a Brita filter, tastes a little chalky, which I've mostly remedied by filling a tapper in the fridge and putting a few drops of lemon juice in the water. It would be nice to be able to drink the water directly from the tap. I don't know if I need a full RO system. What...
  6. Ameli0rate

Replacement water softener - opinions?

I'm ready to replace my extremely old WEHS40 softener. The place I've settled on based on reviews, looking at their installs, word of mouth and personal interaction, is selling me a 45000 grain unit, Empress tank. Clack valve. Easily services, parts available everywhere, easily disassembled and...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks