Search results

1. KCunningham

Katalox backwash very slow

I have a 9 inch katalox with a Genesis head. Just upgraded to a 10gpm submersible pump from my 5gpm jetpump. I did a manual backwash on the katalox and noticed it's pulling VERY slowly, it used to make a big WOOSH sound and was clearly flowing fast (I haven't done a manual cycle in a long time...
  2. KCunningham

Cost of switching jet pump to submersible?

Hi all. My jet pump is in my finished basement closet and is LOUD.. Looking to change to a submersible pump in the Spring (also hoping to up my flow rate a bit for my maze of filters..) Local company wants $160 just to come look and give a quote, so before I shell out that money to find out that...
  3. KCunningham

Do I need to upsize to 1” PEX?

I’m trying to clean Up/organize my water filter system because it’s an unsightly mess. In doing this I’ll need to add in a number of PEX elbows to go between my 4 backwash filters. 3/4 copper supply. My biggest concern is drop of flow rate as these backwash filters need at least 5 gpm flow to...
  4. KCunningham

Want to switch from a cycle stop valve to a tank, need help

I do my own plumbing and I’m not great at it..appreciate all help and patience in advance. I have a goulds j10s with a cycle stop valve. It drives me nuts because it’s always switching on. I think I need a regular pressure tank? What do I need to do to get this CSV gone?
  5. KCunningham

Upstairs shower water pressure question

Couldn't find this specific answer by searching, asking for a friend who is buying a house. At the inspection when turning on the upstairs shower the water trickled and spurt for about 5 seconds and then finally the water comes in at normal pressure. What could be causing this and is it...
  6. KCunningham

Water pump won't turn on to prime, help please!

My wife is going to kill me. Installing a new water pump today, shallow well jet pump Goulds j10s along with CSV. Everything is piped in, wired at 230v (multimeter verifies it's getting 230v), but when I flip the breaker I can see the motor turning but it's not priming. How do I prime this...
  7. KCunningham

Losing pressure after softener

Hello. I'm trying to figure out how much my well can produce and have noticed that, with all faucets and showers running, the pressure gauge at my jet pump says 50psi and the gauge on the outlet of my contact tank says ~30psi. If I toggle from bypass to service on the salt softener (which is...
  8. KCunningham

Help raising GPM, pump recommendations?

First, I'm new to this so bear with me please. I have a 16' dug well and currently have a 4.5 GPM flow rate that is inadequate for my filtration systems. Looking to boost this up to at least 7 GPM. I have a jet pump in my basement. My well has never run dry, so I'm hoping to raise my GPM by...
  9. KCunningham

Need help boosting my GPM..intermediate storage tank?

Hi everyone. Our water's dirty. We built a house ~2.5 years ago in southern Maine along with a newly dug well ~16 ft and significant excavation around it. The last 2.5 years has been a DIY water nightmare that I'm hoping to (finally) win. In this 2.5 years we've had two children and I want...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks