Water pump won't turn on to prime, help please!

Users who are viewing this thread

KCunningham

Reaction score
My wife is going to kill me.

Installing a new water pump today, shallow well jet pump Goulds j10s along with CSV. Everything is piped in, wired at 230v (multimeter verifies it's getting 230v), but when I flip the breaker I can see the motor turning but it's not priming. How do I prime this thing??

Please help!

Thanks
KC

KCunningham

Reaction score
success with new water pump now, thanks! easy fix is nice. :)
i have one faucet with very little flow while all the others look great, thinking maybe some debris clogged it up or something.
guess i'll try taking that apart next!
thx again

Reach4

Reaction score
i have one faucet with very little flow while all the others look great, thinking maybe some debris clogged it up or something.
guess i'll try taking that apart next!
If it affects hot and cold, the aerator would be the probable place.

Alex Derb

Reaction score
Today, too, installed a new pump in a shallow well Goulds HSUL and there was also a problem. when I flip the breaker I can see the motor turning but it's not priming. It's good that I got to this forum.
Now everything works fine.
Thank you, Mechanic

Last edited:
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks