Water pump won't turn on to prime, help please!

Discussion in 'Pumps and Tanks Well Forum & Blog. Water is life.' started by KCunningham, Apr 21, 2018.

1. KCunningham

KCunningham New Member

My wife is going to kill me.

Installing a new water pump today, shallow well jet pump Goulds j10s along with CSV. Everything is piped in, wired at 230v (multimeter verifies it's getting 230v), but when I flip the breaker I can see the motor turning but it's not priming. How do I prime this thing??

Please help!

Thanks
    KC

2. Reach4

Reach4 Well-Known Member

3. Sponsor

Sponsor Paid Advertisement

4. cacher_chick

cacher_chick Test, Don't Guess!

Test, Don't Guess!
    Did you pour water into the pump? You may need to fill the pump several times to prime the line.

5. KCunningham

KCunningham New Member

i'll try adding more water thank you

6. KCunningham

KCunningham New Member

success with new water pump now, thanks! easy fix is nice. :)
    i have one faucet with very little flow while all the others look great, thinking maybe some debris clogged it up or something.
    guess i'll try taking that apart next!
    thx again

7. Reach4

Reach4 Well-Known Member

If it affects hot and cold, the aerator would be the probable place.

8. Alex Derb

Alex Derb New Member

Today, too, installed a new pump in a shallow well Goulds HSUL and there was also a problem. when I flip the breaker I can see the motor turning but it's not priming. It's good that I got to this forum.
    Now everything works fine.
    Thank you, Mechanic

Last edited: Apr 26, 2018