Search results

1. Joseph Skoler

Latest CSV Installation

Just installed a CSV from @Valveman in a closet in a manufacturer home. The old pressure tank was underneath the house, in an unconditioned air space. This is a great solution.
  2. Joseph Skoler

Well pipe too short?

I have a sleeved poly well pipe coming up out of a slab under a manufactured home. The poly only comes up to the top of the sleeve, then hose clamped on is a PVC adapter to threaded, then another and another. I want to run 1" pex down from the house and connect to the poly, but I'm afraid that...
  3. Joseph Skoler

Rerouting main water line inside house?

I have a mid-1990’s manufactured home in zone 4 that I’m renovating. It is built on a steel chassis/frame which sits on a concrete slab. The crawlspace under the house (between the floor of the house and the concrete slab, where the steel frame is visible) has skirting, and the previous owner...
  4. Joseph Skoler

Noisy at well head

I am hoping someone is familiar with this sound and knows what is causing it? Thank you.
  5. Joseph Skoler

Sewer pipes 10-14 degrees out of alignment

I just discovered that a house I just bought has a 4" SDR 38 sewer pipe at a small angle (approximately 10-14 degrees) off from the inlet to the septic tank. I know that straight is best, but I don't know how to achieve that. Here are a couple of pictures. Any suggestions would be greatly...
  6. Joseph Skoler

Septic pump mounting hardware

I just pulled 2 Goulds septic tank pumps for testing and they both work (yay). But, the hardware is corroded and I need to replace. Can anyone identify these pieces, and maybe a source to buy them? Specifically the lift-off disconnect, the elbow that looks like a tee at the top, and the top...
  7. Joseph Skoler

Double Check Detector Assembly

The local town water department is requiring me to install a Double Check Detector Assembly after their meter on the 2" water main coming in (yes, 2" because the property has ~25 cottages). The Double Check Valve Assembly units are much more widely available and lower cost. Does anyone have...
  8. Joseph Skoler

30 year old Gould 3885 Septic Pump

Hi All, I bought a piece property a couple of years ago with a couple dozen cottages. In the mid-1990's (plans approved in 1993) a large septic system was installed (2 tanks (2500 and 3500 gallon) with 2 Gould 1HP 3885 pumps up to a 1600 sq-ft leach field (pump A to 800 sq-ft; pump B to the...
  9. Joseph Skoler

1/2" vs 3/8" in K-400

Would I see a noticeable improvement on 4" pipes by using a 1/2" cable instead of the 3/8" that came with the K-400 snake? Can I get a larger cutter for use with the 1/2" cable? Thanks!
  10. Joseph Skoler

Snake for 6" main

I just ran to Home Depot and bought a K-400 snake with 75' of 3/8" auger. Guest used wipes for a whole weekend and clogged the main. Unfortunately (I know), my main 6" PVC is reduced to 4" cast iron to pass under the public road, and then directly into the septic tank. Somewhere in the 4" is...
  11. Joseph Skoler

Can these meters and boxes be exposed to the weather?

Can someone please tell me if this wall of meters/pans and main cutoffs can be left exposed to the elements (Northeast USA)? The previous owner slapped together a plywood box around them and the plywood is rotten and unsightly. I'd rather see the electric service. Main switch boxes say "Type...
  12. Joseph Skoler

Bizarre voltages at 3-way lights

I am in way over my head. I have a 3-way light switch environment. Lights are overhead LEDs. It was working fine, then I put in a Zooz (Internet/remote controlled, electronic) 3 way switch at one of the switch locations. I keep blowing the Zooz switches (went through 4 of them). So I...
  13. Joseph Skoler

Leach Field help

I have a 6 bedroom (3 full and 2 half bath) house that I'm just about done completely renovating. Sewage flows into an old concrete septic tank. I estimate about 2000 gallons. Then out through clay pipe into a field (I don't know any more of the specs). I'm wondering if I should attempt to...
  14. Joseph Skoler

Basement washing machine standpipe

Does this look okay for a basement washing machine standpipe?
  15. Joseph Skoler

Convert to Pitless

On the advice of counsel (that is, the experts here), I'm planning to convert from a pit to pitless well system. Current pit is a concrete bunker, about 4'x4'x7' deep, with 6" ID steel casing in the middle of the floor coming out about 3" from the floor. My current thinking is to use a dresser...
  16. Joseph Skoler

Flooding Basement from Well Pit

I have (yet another) mystery. I have a well pit (about 5' deep) outside an old house with a stone foundation. The well pit has concrete walls and floor and in the center of the floor is the well, at the top of which is a well seal and out of that is PE pipe and wire that go underground and...
  17. Joseph Skoler

Well pump electric usage and water usage

I have a Flume water monitor on my well water meter and Emporia Vue electric monitor on my well pump. I am hoping someone can help me better understand the data I’ve collected. I ran a test early this morning: Used 13.65 gallons of water which caused the well pump to kick on for less than 2...
  18. Joseph Skoler

Old Sump Pit

My basement floor is approximately 7’ below grade and is poured concrete. In one corner is a square opening, approximately 20” square. I assumed it was a sump pit. I cleaned out the accumulated dirt, stone, debris and assorted crap from years of neglect and discovered 2 old cast iron 6”...
  19. Joseph Skoler

Well pump decided to quit today

I had an unexpectedly plumbing-busy Sunday. Sometime over night, my well pump decided to quit. I confirmed 240 VAC at the wires just at the head of the well. I confirmed the pump is not pumping (I have a CSV with pressure gauge on it -- it reads 0 psi). About 7 years ago I had the pump...
  20. Joseph Skoler

Understand Laundry Machine Standpipe

I'm trying to understand why a standpipe is necessary and required for the use of a laundry washer. In my own situation, I have 4" main sewer stack in the basement, with screwed in cleanout plugs. If there is a clog in the main stack, it will back up to the first floor, and I can snake it from...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks