Search results

1. Mculik5

HW Recirc - Three Questions

Remodeling a bathroom in my house. Our water heater is centrally located in the basement, and this bathroom is far from the water heater laterally and up two stories. As you can imagine, it takes a long time for HW to reach the faucets. I'm doing the supply plumbing now and would like to add a...
  2. Mculik5

Comments on my DWV install, please

Renovating our second floor kids bathroom/laundry room. Had to move the laundry alcove wall back to accommodate today's larger machines. Replaced the DWV plumbing yesterday and roughed-in a floor drain as a precaution in the event the washing machine ever has an issue. Care to comment on my...
  3. Mculik5

2” Standpipe into 1.5”...?

Renovating our bathroom/laundry room. Replumbing the washer drain because I had to move the wall back. The old drain was 1.5” with no vent that ran ~10’ to a side inlet closet bend. I’m NOT taking up all the subfloor and replacing the closet bend in order to upgrade the whole thing to 2”. It...
  4. Mculik5

Crazy idea - foaming a tub - thoughts?

Planning a bathroom reno and looking at tubs. We have a standard 60" x 30" alcove situation. Going to go with an acrylic tub - probably a Kohler Archer - so as not to have to deal with the weight of cast iron. I'm a bit concerned about the strength/flexibility of acrylic and have also heard...
  5. Mculik5

Trap Primer Question

Hi. I'm renovating our second floor bathroom, which also houses our washer and dryer. One of the improvements I'd like to make is installing a floor drain to prevent catastrophe in the event the washer fails and dumps water all over the floor. Given that the intent is that this drain won't be...
  6. Mculik5

Tiny Crack in Toilet Tank - What to do?

I'm in the process of installing a Kohler skirted toilet. It's brand new. After installing and leveling the toilet, I turned the water on. Immediately, there was a pretty fast drip from around the nut that holds the valve assembly in the toilet. Long story short, I tried a bunch of messing...
  7. Mculik5

Skirted Toilet Moving Side to Side

I'm in the process of installing a Kohler skirted toilet. I've got the toilet perfectly level from side-to-side and front-to-back. Unfortunately, the floor is not level, so I had to shim it. With the shims in place, the toilet isn't wobbling and feels pretty good. BUT...it's able to twist...
  8. Mculik5

Which fitting? Backflow prevention?

Renovating my second-floor hall bath/laundry room. Will be installing a floor drain as extra protection against washing machine leaks and catastrophic failures. The plan is to tap into the existing washing machine drain pipe. The drain will include a trap primer. Attached is a rough picture...
  9. Mculik5

Bathroom Reno Planning - 3 Questions

In the middle stages of planning a bathroom reno. This is our second-floor/kids bathroom, and it will also include our washer/dryer. All of the plumbing is already in place, except for a floor drain we will be adding (extra insurance against washing machine leaks/problems). We've got a pretty...
  10. Mculik5

Decisions, Decisions...Regarding Oil-Fired Heat

Need some help regarding best solution for oil-fired heating for my situation. Here's my situation: Live in NJ. Been in this house for a year, and plan to stay here for a LONG time. Heat exchanger on old oil-fired furnace is cracked. Had an independent manual J done, and the heating load is...
  11. Mculik5

Replacing entire soil stack...or not?

My brother is renovating (completely gutting) the bathroom in the house he just bought. House was built in 1955 and has cast iron DWV plumbing. Among other things, he is relocating the toilet 90 degrees from it's current position to fix a "knee room" problem between the toilet and the tub...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks