Search results

1. uscpsycho

Need help locating crossover

I have a crossover issue that I am trying to isolate. I found this website which was easier to follow than most: https://www.hotwatertalk.com/how-to-fix-plumbing-crossover.html These are his steps: Turn OFF the hot water supply at the water heater. Turn ON all hot water faucets. Wait for...
  2. uscpsycho

Hot water recirculation pump confusion

My house has a dedicated return line and I want to get a recirculation pump but between head, horsepower and flow rate... I'm lost. At first I had my mind made up to get the Grundfos AutoAdapt UP 10-16 pump...
  3. uscpsycho

Does condensation cause hard water spots?

I can't find the answer online and I'm not really sure where to ask a question like this. But I thought plumbers might know the answer. I have an oversized shower that's not vented and has glass on three sides. So after I turn the hot water on it only takes a few seconds for condensation to...
  4. uscpsycho

Kohler Eir vs Toto Neorest RH vs AH

I am in the market for a smart toilet and I have narrowed the options down to the Kohler Eir, Toto Neorest RH and Toto Neorest AH. I know these are pricey niche toilets so it's unlikely anyone has experience with all three, but if anyone has experience with any of these and can comment on them...
  5. uscpsycho

Using a cheater 3-prong to 2-prong adapter

I have read about the pros and cons of using a cheater adapter like this. But I have a unique situation that isn't covered in anything I've read. I have a 3-prong grounded outlet and a 3-prong AV device. The problem is I am getting a ground loop buzz in my speakers. Using the cheater adapter...
  6. uscpsycho

Why is my water pressure spiking to 120psi?

I had no problem with my water pressure until the water department showed up about a week ago. They replaced my water meter and later that day I noticed my water pressure was over 100psi. I thought they did something wrong so I called and asked them to come fix it. It stayed 100+ until they...
  7. uscpsycho

Can hot water recirculation pump limit hot water?

Man, that sounds like a dumb question but I have this recirculation pump installed. I tried filling a tub while the pump was on and after several minutes, the temperature of the water came way down. My tub filler is controlled by Kohler DTV+ so I can see the water temperature on the display...
  8. uscpsycho

Mixing valve causing water flow issue

I have a Kohler Laminar tub filler that fills my tub from the ceiling. Water has to travel a long way from the ceiling to the bottom of the tub and the flow without a mixing valve is perfect and doesn't splash. But when I put a mixing valve in at the water heater it does something to the hot...
  9. uscpsycho

Can this drip be stopped?

I have this fancy faucet called the Luna by Graff. It is a beautiful faucet but it has a slow, constant drip that seems unsolvable. Hoping you guys might have an idea. Here is a photo of the faucet. And this is where the valve is, up high near the top. So here is the problem. When you shut...
  10. uscpsycho

Can network cables be in contact with hot water pipes?

I have a shower that is operated by a network controller. The way my contractor set it up, the controller will be close to the valve. Is it OK for cat6 cable to be in contact with a hot water pipe? It would not run parallel to the pipe, it would perpendicularly cross it, so just one point of...
  11. uscpsycho

Moen Flo and water pressure

I bought a Moen Flo and then realized that it has a 3/4" connection but the main water line to my house is 1" so a reducer would have to be used. If you aren't familiar with the Flo this is it. On their website Moen tries real hard to convince people that reducing to 3/4" will have minimal...
  12. uscpsycho

Thoughts on Lifesource whole home filtration?

Does anyone have an opinion on whole home water filtration by Lifesource? I searched the forum and was surprised to find very few mentions. For those not familiar with the company, I'm considering this filtration and softening system. My plumber likes the system and has it himself (although he...
  13. uscpsycho

Do powered anode rods work?

I discovered powered anode rods while researching a new water heater. They initially got my attention because of claims that they can indefinitely protect a water heater. Is this true? If so, why wouldn't everyone use one? Or why don't they come standard with every water heater? While...
  14. uscpsycho

Gas water heater recommendation

I need a new gas water heater. I asked two plumbers what they recommend and both said Bradford White. Great that they agree. But the reviews for these water heaters are not so great. My gut tells me that some plumbers recommend this brand because you have to buy them from a pro (technically) so...
  15. uscpsycho

Question about condensing gas water heater

Please see the attached chart of water heaters by AO Smith. All these water heaters have either 34 or 50 gallon tanks but each with different specs. My question is regarding operating cost. Assuming water usage is well below the capacity of the heaters, would the lowest rated 50 gallon heater...
  16. uscpsycho

Toilet over-analysis - have some questions

I am losing my mind trying to pick toilets. Losing. My. Mind. 1) Toto Ultramax I vs Ultramax II - As far as I can tell the difference is e-max vs tornado flushing but it's hard to decide which is better. What Toto needs to do is have a page with the pros and cons of all their flushing systems...
  17. uscpsycho

Need help with bottle drain installation

I have a sink where I want to install a bottle drain. Problem is the drain in the wall isn't perfectly aligned with the sink drain. I'd say it's maybe 1/2" off. That's obviously a problem because a bottle trap pipe has to go straight back. Is there any way to make the connection between the...
  18. uscpsycho

Please help me find a drain for this sink

I have the American Standard 7692.008.020 Lakewell Cast Iron Wall Mounted Service Sink. Problem is that the drain hole opening is 3 1/8" and literally no drain fits in it. Only thing is a really ugly p-trap that American Standard sells which acts as a stand and makes the sink super low. One...
  19. uscpsycho

Steam shower question

I have a shower question that's not really plumbing related but I hope you guys have the knowledge/experience to help. How "sealed" should a frameless steam shower be? Conventional wisdom is to totally seal it up to prevent steam from escaping. But I have read that you NEED to let some cool air...
  20. uscpsycho

How should a steam generator be drained?

I am installing a steam shower and want to make sure the steam generator is properly drained. It's a Thermasol Pro series generator which includes a drain pan that should be drained. My contractor planned to connect the drain from the steam generator with the drain from the nearby tub. This...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks