Kohler Eir vs Toto Neorest RH vs AH

Users who are viewing this thread

uscpsycho

Reaction score
I am in the market for a smart toilet and I have narrowed the options down to the Kohler Eir, Toto Neorest RH and Toto Neorest AH.

I know these are pricey niche toilets so it's unlikely anyone has experience with all three, but if anyone has experience with any of these and can comment on them, it would be helpful.

Specifically, if there are any Toto gurus, can anyone tell me if there is a difference between the RH and AH other than the physical shape and the fact that the AH does a premist? Those are the differences I found from the Toto website but the $1000 price difference tells me there must be more to it. For reference:
AH - https://www.totousa.com/neorest-ah-dual-flush-toilet-10-08-gpf
RH - https://www.totousa.com/neorest-rh-dual-flush-toilet-10-08-gpf

And can anyone comment on the Kohler Eir? Especially on the Eir compared to the Totos? A Kohler repair technician once told me that he thinks the Veil is more reliable than the Numi but I wasn't in the market for a new toilet at the time and did not ask his opinion on the Eir.

I love the touchscreen remote of the Kohler vs the more traditional remote of the Totos. But I couldn't find a MaP score for the Eir whereas both Totos scored over 1,000 which is great.

Thanks in advance!

Last edited:

T-Dogg

Reaction score
Hey there,

I have a Neorest 500 and Neorest 600. I've used the Neorest 700h and 750h as well.

Make sure you find out as much as possible about the Kohler. The Toto's are so fantastic- every single detail has been considered. I would personally never consider a non-Toto purchase because they are so reliable and every feature is so well thought out, so please factor in that bias.

The AH and RH are basically replacements for the 500h and 550h from what I understand. There was always a minimal difference between 500h and 550h, basically the difference was just a night light. Beware of touch screen remotes- generally speaking they don't last compared to a simpler push-button remote. What you think is cool right now might be a real pain in the ass five years from now.

With the Toto's, if you ever have a problem you can mail in the top unit to get a full servicing for a flat fee, and Toto stands behind their products long term. That and the outstanding reliability and quality are enough of a reason for me.

KHFlorida

Reaction score
Hey there,

I have a Neorest 500 and Neorest 600. I've used the Neorest 700h and 750h as well.

Make sure you find out as much as possible about the Kohler. The Toto's are so fantastic- every single detail has been considered. I would personally never consider a non-Toto purchase because they are so reliable and every feature is so well thought out, so please factor in that bias.

The AH and RH are basically replacements for the 500h and 550h from what I understand. There was always a minimal difference between 500h and 550h, basically the difference was just a night light. Beware of touch screen remotes- generally speaking they don't last compared to a simpler push-button remote. What you think is cool right now might be a real pain in the ass five years from now.

With the Toto's, if you ever have a problem you can mail in the top unit to get a full servicing for a flat fee, and Toto stands behind their products long term. That and the outstanding reliability and quality are enough of a reason for do the Toto Neorest toilets handle "solid waste"? I several family members who often clog the toilet due to heavy amounts of solid waste.

Hey there,

With the Toto's, if you ever have a problem you can mail in the top unit to get a full servicing for a flat fee, and Toto stands behind their products long term. That and the outstanding reliability and quality are enough of a reason for me.

Last edited:

Tuttles Revenge

In the Trades
Reaction score
We install a lot of Toto Neorest and Washlets in part because we're a Toto showroom, but our remodel contractors specify a lot of them as well. A couple years ago we replaced our aging N600 with a RH model. No issues with it ever, and I've used it plenty. I just installed the second to last Sedona Beige RH unit to replace a customers 600 because the lid had broken and Toto has stopped offering parts and service for the 600.

Toto does offer a 3yr warranty on their Neorest products and in many markets, that repair is performed in your home by factory trained technicians.

I've installed a couple of the Kohler Veil hatbox style toilets for customers and they reported that they still love them. But Kohler doesn't offer in home repair from my conversation with Kohler customer service.

The Neorest uses a pump to partially pressurize the water that it uses to flush the bowl, so it works much like a pressure assist toilet.

The AH and RH models are virtually the same as far as I recall. Both have the same features including premist. The only way you don't have premist is when the Lid and Seat are set to auto open.

uscpsycho

Reaction score
This old thread came back from the dead. I'm the OP so let me answer my own question. I bought the Eir and it is the single worst toilet I have ever used if you exclude outhouses. I'd be happier with a standard toilet with a $20 bidet attachment bolted onto it. To be transparent, I actually put one of those in an old apartment so I am speaking from experience and not being hyperbolic.

The only way Kohler could have brought this to market is because no real life testing was ever done on it, it went from concept to design to manufacturing. I absolutely hate it and it is for many reasons. And I'll mention it's most fundamental failure -- it's inability to handle even moderate amounts of #2 even though this is the loudest residential toilet I've ever encountered so you'd think it's suction power would be fantastic.

Avoid this piece of crap toilet at all costs!

Regarding the previous post, Kohler does offer in-home service and I've had to use it for every Kohler's product I own (Eir, Numi and DTV+).

Tuttles Revenge

In the Trades
Reaction score
Regarding the previous post, Kohler does offer in-home service and I've had to use it for every Kohler's product I own (Eir, Numi and DTV+).
Good to know. They told me they didn't offer in home service when I called their customer service line when installing a Veil toilet. They actually told me that they would just send parts if something needed fixing.

I bought the Eir and it is the single worst toilet I have ever used if you exclude outhouses.
That sucks.. sorry to hear about that experience. I haven't installed that specific toilet. I'll have to make sure my jobs don't get them specified.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks