Search results

1. tmy23

Need Advice on Boiler pressure relief valve

Greetings and as always thanks in advance for all help. I've a 2 WM boiler system, running into a primary loop then to 3 house zones, managed by a WM management "computer". A couple years ago I sweated a pressure gauge on the supply line after the autofill value but before the...
  2. tmy23

Need Advice...Leaking shower/tub connection

Thank you for the help. About 3 years ago the original fiberglass tub cracked (it wasn't supported correctly underneath), I had a guy come out to replace the tub. I found the upper compression ring cracked and partially separated from the threaded part. Maybe it cracked over time, or he...
  3. tmy23

Not challenging your expertise, but read up on a few web sites that CPVC solvent can be used on PVC but not vise versa? Is the yellow solvent really a problem? How about the issue of using solvent on threaded fittings before sealing the wall back up?? Or thread 2 PVC stubs into the...
  4. tmy23

Thanks in advance for any help...So ceiling tiles in the kitchen started coming down today with water. Directly above it is a bathroom. Didn't want to pull kitchen ceiling, so opened up the bedroom wall behind the shower valve. The leak was a loose upper compression fitting on adjustable...
  5. tmy23

Why Now Water Hammer?

Greetings and thanks in advance for any help. So replaced clothes washer about 18 months ago. Ran fine, suddenly in the last month, getting water hammer. It's a high efficiency machine and one day while it was hammering, I grabbed the flexible supply hose and could feel it jolting, presumably...
  6. tmy23

How to shim wobbly toilet

Greetings. Installing new Kohler toilet in a new bathroom with mosiac marble tile floor. Well my tile work must not be precise, because after snugging the toilet down, I noticed is has a slight wobble on what must be an uneven floor. As it's porcelain on marble, the rattle is "solid/loud"...
  7. tmy23

Need Advice on Vent Stack

Greetings and thanks in advance for all help! I am adding a master bath to my home. All the services are in, regarding plumbing, everything is connected to the waste line, I only have to run the roof vent and install the appliances. My house is an older home with a Mansard roof, i.e the roof...
  8. tmy23

HELP.....suspect PVC joint under linear drain, and mud base.

First off, thanks for all help and wisdom. I am building a master bath, with tile shower. I am using a kerdi-line linear drain and could not access the plumbing from below, so once everything was roughed in (2" shower waste line, trap, tied into 3" main waste line. I laid the subfloor, and...
  9. tmy23

Decorative Tiles on Shower Ceiling?

Thanks in advance for any help and shared wisdom. I am building a tile shower, was planning on tiling the shower ceiling, but have a question for an alternative. We live in an old victorian. the Kitchen has a "tin look" patterned ceiling. I was wondering if anyone has experience with a...
  10. tmy23

Can I increase or decrease size of vent cap?

Greetings. Installing a multi-location (toilet/shower) bathroom exhaust system. The manufacturer calls for 4" vent to the fan and 5" out. Having a tough time finding 5" cap that the boss likes. Can find plenty of 4" and 6". Can I reduce to a 4" cap (preferably) or increase to a 6" cap right at...
  11. tmy23

Kerdi Drain Advice.

Thanks in advance for all help. Building 2nd floor bath, didn't want to cut the floor joists. Shower drain is about 5" from finished wall. Was going to install Kerdi drain (the round one pvc), in a mud/metal lathe bed. To get clearance, have to trim about about 1.25" off one side of the...
  12. tmy23

Help with Shower Bed.

Thanks in advance for any help. I ready to begin the shower pan for a bathroom conversion of what was a 2nd floor nursery in a 132 year old Victorian. The shower is 4' x 5' with a linear drain at the end as I didn't want to drill the floor joists for waste line. My question is about pan...
  13. tmy23

Need a little advice, building shower pan

Greetings. I am about set to begin building the shower pan for a tile shower in a master bath conversion of what was a nursery, in a 130 year old victorian. Rough in's are done, subfloor secured, walls now straight, and will do framing this weekend, pour and form the shower pan next weekend...
  14. tmy23

Need Advice Sizing PEX Supply lines

First thank you for any help! I am converting a small room adjacent to our master BR into a master bath. Nothing complex, 3 appliances...Toilet, Sink, Shower. Our hot water heater and cold supply are directly below the room (2 floors below) in the basement. All the other plumbing "appliances"...
  15. tmy23

Help - Advice on Waste line/vent

Terry, thanks for the timely reply. I'd rather not do that either, a lot more work. So I assume because I haven't had freezing problems with my other bath, I can run the waste line down the inside of the exterior wall.
  16. tmy23

Help - Advice on Waste line/vent

Greetings. And thanks in advance for any help. I am converting a small room (8x8) that was a nursery connected to the MBR into a bathroom, with tile shower, toilet and vanity, no tub. This room is directly over our foyer which only has 1 interior wall and that wall has a large doorway in it, so...
  17. tmy23

Advice Wanted - Pressure Differential between boilers

Jim, thanks for the help. My next step was going to be removing the expansion tank and checking it out. Do you have any thoughts why one boiler is holding different pressure than the other when they are "at rest" with no circulators running? Could mineral scale be doing that??? I guess...
  18. tmy23

Advice Wanted - Pressure Differential between boilers

First thanks for all help I receive. Let me describe my situation. This is a residential hydronic. Large, 3 floor victorian, cast iron radiators, 11' ceilings so probably 35-38'' rise from boilers in basement to top of the 3rd floor radiators. Also some long runs (+/- 60') in basement from...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks