Search results

1. OZ324

Not an S Trap?

The access hole in this new vanity is higher than the rough-in drain. See pic. Modifying the vanity isn't the problem. I'd like to avoid having the trap go below the bottom shelf. Can I put a 45 on the drain and run up the outside of the wall or is that basically creating an S trap? Hope this...
  2. OZ324

What’s yours opinion on tandem breakers

Doing a basement complete remodel and prepping for electrical work. I need to wire three separate spaces for lighting and all the outlets. One is a bar. No bedrooms. Bath already has a separate breaker. Thanks.
  3. OZ324

Basement bath rough in diagram

This picture is pretty close to how my new basement bathroom layout will be. Does it look correct? Only difference is my incoming vent is 1 1/2 in.
  4. OZ324

Bathroom exhaust ducting plan

Not sure if this is the right forum to post this, but you all have been so good with everything else I thought it worth a shot. I'm in the process of roughing in a new bathroom in my basement. I'm looking for feedback on my exhaust fan plan. Bathroom is 5x11, eight foot walls. The fan will sit...
  5. OZ324

Bathroom exhaust ducting plan

Not sure if this is the right forum to post this, but you all have been so good with everything else I thought it worth a shot. I'm in the process of roughing in a new bathroom in my basement. I'm looking for feedback on my exhaust fan plan. Bathroom is 5x11, eight foot walls. The fan will sit...
  6. OZ324

Moving a bathroom in the basement

I'm pinging for opinions on a basement bathroom project. Full gut and remodel of my basement, air seal and insulate and a bunch of other stuff. The original bathroom rough-in is in a bad spot - roughly center of the space (total basement is about 1000 Sq/ft). It's an ugly eye soar and just...
  7. OZ324

Should I replace copper pipe?

I'm getting ready to redo my basement and wondering if I should change out some of the copper lines for pex. House was built in 2004. Picture attached. Thanks.
  8. OZ324

How to install a raised edge copper sink

I'm trying to finish up this powder room and I'm stuck on the sink. I re-purposed an old yellow pine table as a vanity. It's a beautiful piece. I'm installing a copper drop in sink that has a rounded raised edge. The hole is cut to the right size but trying to silicone this thing down is...
  9. OZ324

Question on copper pipe

I make stuff from copper pipe, like landscaping ornaments, serving carts ect. I currently use big box store pipe because the cost is low and their open on weekends. But their stuff has stickers and adhesive gunk all over them. Takes time to get that crud off. Would a plumbing supply house...
  10. OZ324

Renters toilet

Need some advice. My renters are complaining about the toilet not flushing well. They say they have to hold the handle a bit too long. Is it worth replacing the flapper valve or other components in the tank, make adjustments or should I just purchase a new toilet? It's in an old city with...
  11. OZ324

Toto Aquia dual flush price & availability

I'm planning a powder room upgrade and decided on the Aquia dual flush based on the reviews here. It's a small powder room and I like the size of this toilet. The dual flush seems like a good idea too since most guests would like use the bathroom upstairs when going #2. Thus taking advantage...
  12. OZ324

How to tell if I have a hot water return line

Recently bought a house that was built in 02. During inspection there was a water line going to the hot water tank's drain, but no pump. We asked for the tank to be replaced before closing but the new one did not have the same line going to the drain. Is it possible this was a return line...
  13. OZ324

Linear/Slot drain

I'm making a concrete sink/countertop for a powder room. Looking for some slot drain vendors that may have some nifty products. Also, not totally sure how to install a drain pan at the bottom edge of the sink? Part of it will stick out past the concrete, no? I suppose I could build the...
  14. OZ324

Well Water Newbie

Just bought a 12 year old house with a well. It has a softener already and what I think is a spin down sediment filter before the pressure tank. It's missing the cartridge, how do I know which cartridge to purchase for replacement? Are these types of sediment filters good, or should I invest...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks