Search results

1. chessimprov

Toilet won't stop running water

I'm quite the amateur at this. I replaced the flapper. I still seem to be having a problem of the tank no longer filling up with water. The pump still pumps out water, but I don't see where the water is going. I could replace the pump, which may or may not be possible. I could try to take...
  2. chessimprov

Stain on ceramic? sink

How would I clean this stain on this ceramic (?) sink? Thank you.
  3. chessimprov

Good home construction inquiry

How do you know what construction developers offer good construction and which one(s) do not in an area? If this is not the forum for this kind of question, then do you have any suggestions of a good forum? Specifically for me, Philadelphia and surrounding areas. I've heard from several people...
  4. chessimprov

Crack in wall of laundry room

I'm not sure where to put this or if I need to look for another forum for this. If I need to look for another forum, any suggestions? By observation, the crack(s) in this wall seem to have been created mainly from this shelving being improperly hooked on for over 9 years. How do I go about...
  5. chessimprov

Foam outlet for heat loss.

Does it matter which side of a foam outlet you put where in order to minimize the amount of heat one loses by the outlet?
  6. chessimprov

Having a generator inquiry

I know nothing about having an electric generator. I live in a community association that does not allow for a permanent generator (unless doctor's orders and that a portable generator would not suffice.) How would I go about buying a portable generator? What do I have to be aware of for...
  7. chessimprov

Gassy? smell leak question

For the past two nights when I come home, I smell this gassy leak like smell in my living room. I had the electric/gas representative come to my home yesterday and there was no sign of a gas leak when he investigated my chimney, boiler and AC/heating unit, and the general vicinity of the room...
  8. chessimprov

Overflowing toilet

My toilet has begun to overflow and I'm not sure what to do with it. I tried re-adjusting the bulb, and then too much water started flowing out and not stopping until I re-adjusted the bulb again. Should I try replacing the flapper, or is my toilet clogged? Even when I stop the water, the...
  9. chessimprov

Outlet no longer works inquiry

An outlet just blew out on me at random. There was no thunderstorm, and the circuit breaker didn't get affected. What is a reasonable ball park charge/interval for such a repair? Thank you very much.
  10. chessimprov

Halogen lamps inquiry

The hardware stores near me don't seem to sell halogen lamps anymore. Are they illegal to sell in certain states because of fire hazard concerns, or are the stores near me just not selling them? Thank you
  11. chessimprov

Bathroom conundrum

Hi, I am not a pro at working with lights or electricity. I have a vanity mirror in the bathroom composed of 5 light bulbs. Out of the 5 light bulbs, I only had three light bulbs in because one of them was bright enough to not use all 5 of them. Two of the bulb slots did not work and I...
  12. chessimprov

Concern about shower drain

Hi, I have a concern that a shower drain might be slowing building up. I have one of those showers you just stand in. It is not like a tub with a stopper. When I open up the drain, I clean what I can, but I fear that the water might get stagnant or smelly. Any ideas? Thank you.
  13. chessimprov

Internal water leak somewhere in toilet I think

I've been hearing a pump like sound, sounds like water is being pumped into the toilet on and off. The flow seems to be off. I will try to get a video if I can capture the right moment for the sound that I hear. I'm guessing I have to replace the toilet valve, but it could just be the flapper...
  14. chessimprov

Internal leak in a toilet?

(about) daily between 3 AM - 5 AMish, if I have not fallen asleep 100%, I can usually hear my toilet making a water dripping sound on the inside. No water is leaking to the outside from the toilet. A Home Depot rep told me I only needed to replace the flapper. Not only did I replace the...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks