Search results

1. Bluebinky

Homemade portapotty

Hi everyone. It's been a while, but as usual, I have a really off the wall question... I'm about to apply for permits to build a new beach house for the family (Seattle area). The lot is somewhat isolated in that there is no driveway or adjacent road. From the parking area, it's about a 300...
  2. Bluebinky

GFCI protected stickers

Sorry, my questions just keep getting dumber and dumber... I just changed out my old Zinsco panel (that went bzzzt in the night) for a Square D. These new plug on neutral panels make it look easy. The inspector was happy with the work. However, when he then pointed to the pile of new...
  3. Bluebinky

Ground rods next to basement foundation

Hi all. It's been a while since I've posted... While preparing to replace my 50 year old Zinsco panel, I discovered that the entire house is ungrounded. No ground rods and the original galvanized water service is long gone and now plastic. The panel is inside the basement and the meter is...
  4. Bluebinky

Building code tutorial

Anyone know of a good building code (IRC?) book with illustrations like the illustrated training manual for the UPC? I found something on Amazon, but it had a one star rating because it didn't have any tables. This is for Washington State, if it matters. Thanks.
  5. Bluebinky

Corian tub/shower surround installed over Redgard

The wife comes home just after I finish waterproofing the Hardieboard tub surround and decides that a solid surface surround is the way to go after all. It doesn't seem that silicone will adhere properly to the Redgard. Should I go over the Redgard with skim coat of (modified) thinset, or any...
  6. Bluebinky

Shared Neighborhood Sewer Connection

Can someone give pointers for a starting point on how to size a multi residence (house) sewer connection to the municipal system? Basically, the only (cheap) access in the neighborhood is on our property. There are at least six other houses with failing septic systems that could be connected to...
  7. Bluebinky

Buying from a Supply House

Last night the second GE water heater since I bought this place went out. The first one lasted 1 1/2 years and the second 2. On both, the pilot wouldn't stay lit and I don't have time to mess around with such repairs. I decided it was time to roll different dice so I went to a local plumbing...
  8. Bluebinky

Need More Pressure Drop

I recently installed a gas furnace in the attic with a trap primer for the condensate drain. With 1 inch copper from the meter to about two feet away from the nearest toilet, there was almost no pressure drop to run the primer (it needs about a 10 PSI drop). Putting in an inline 1.5 GPM flow...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks