GFCI protected stickers

Users who are viewing this thread

Bluebinky

Reaction score
Sorry, my questions just keep getting dumber and dumber...

I just changed out my old Zinsco panel (that went bzzzt in the night) for a Square D. These new plug on neutral panels make it look easy. The inspector was happy with the work. However, when he then pointed to the pile of new receptacles and said that I needed a permit to change them so he could verify that I put the proper "GFCI protected" (and in some cases "no equipment ground") stickers. OK, I get that, but the next logical question is:

Since every single circuit in the panel is GFCI protected (I'm tired of being shocked in this house), do I need to label every single receptacle and/or device like the clothes dryer? If not in this case, what about new construction?

Could I just put a label on the front door like they'd do in California saying "this building is known by the State of Washington to contain GFCI protected receptacles".

Attachments

• panel-1.jpg
    panel-1.jpg
    83 KB · Views: 147
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks