Search results

1. BimmerRacer

Moen outdoor hot/cold faucet rebuild kit

Hi, I have one of these I installed years ago and it's leaking from under the handle area. Does anyone know where to source the correct rebuild kit for it and/or instructions for doing it? Seems like there are some on Amazon with mixed reviews.
  2. BimmerRacer

Basement kitchenette

Hi, looking to add a kitchenette in the basement. Supply I think it easy as I have a PEX manifold with some spare ports. Questions are around drain and vent. I have a 4" (need to confirm) stack on the same wall as the sink is going on. I assume 4x4x2" wye is good to splice into that at...
  3. BimmerRacer

Point of entry filter

Hello, I am noticing a fair amount of sediment in my faucet/tankless heater screens and would like to add a sediment filter. I assume it will go at the entry point before the well pressure tank and everything else. Can someone 1. recommend a brand, is one better than others? something along...
  4. BimmerRacer

Tubmount.com? is this a failed startup or what?

http://tubmount.com/ Seems pretty cool, but does anyone actually sell it? I can't seem to find much info out there
  5. BimmerRacer

Sink drain question - long vs short 90

can I run a short 90 from horizontal to vertical followed possibly immediately by a long 90 from vertical to horizontal. Can one of those be a street 90? In a 2x4 wall, trying to solve two issues. 1. the current outlet is too low for my pedestal without getting a new longer chrome plated tail...
  6. BimmerRacer

Cast iron closet flange questions

Hello, I am starting a remodel of our basement bath and have some questions about the closet flange. The bath previously had carpeting and the toilet set right on the concrete slab. I am planning on using Ditra and tile so I am looking at 5/8" of finished floor height. It's my understanding...
  7. BimmerRacer

Question about setting tub in mortar bed

When packing the mud prior to dropping the tub in, how much of the mud should be packed and how much should be loose? I suspect while the mud consistency is the same as the shower dry pack, it need to have some give to accomodate the tub bottom inperfections and leveling. What's the...
  8. BimmerRacer

Bonding two sections of copper pipe with PEX between them?

Most of the house is copper. I replumbed a portion for master bath, two hose bibs and basement bath using Uponor manifold system. I transition back to copper for the basement bath, and hose bibs. Do these copper segments need to be bonded back to the main supply before it first transitions...
  9. BimmerRacer

Proper way to assemble brass fittings

Using pipe dope and cranking them down I think tight enough, but still have a few leaks. Am I cranking them too much? What's the proper method? These are brass nipple/cap/drop elbow connections and brass nipple/brass-cpvc coupler if that matters. 1/2"
  10. BimmerRacer

Brass Unions

Do I need to put anything between two halves or do I just crank it down to seal it?
  11. BimmerRacer

Securing 1/2" drop elbow

Installing steam generator outlet and don't have enough depth to to put normal blocking. What else can I use? Any pics/examples? Thanks
  12. BimmerRacer

Rinnai tuning

My R85 is running rich. According to Rinnai tech support, the unit is factory calibrated to 7.5" of WC. My regulator is set to 10.5" which is max spec'd for the unit. Would the right course of action be 1. Decrease pressure at the regulator to 7.5" 2. Recalibrate high/low fire 3. Replace...
  13. BimmerRacer

Using Unions

Is there a better way to make this type of connection? I read that some locations disallow unions behind walls, I am not certain on laws here. I also read that unions are more leak-prone. I also read that using a reverse threaded fitting would eliminate some of these concerns, but can't seem...
  14. BimmerRacer

P trap vs S Trap

My brother is doing a small kitchen remodel for his in-laws. As I posted in the other thread I was over there yesterday and helped him with some plumbing. I noticed that their drain for the kitchen sink/disposal goes through the cabinet floor. I also know from here that S-traps are not to...
  15. BimmerRacer

Sweating pipes - if it looks right, doesn't leak, can it still be wrong?

Have never done this before and added two ball valves at the end of my supply lines a few days ago. Not much drama except for not having the lead-free solder on hand and being smart enough to read the label before starting. One pipe was a bit stubborn and shop vac came in handy to suck the water...
  16. BimmerRacer

Supply lines help

First and foremost, thank you to all who helped me with the DWV portion. Almost there with that, just need to frame a wall and finish pedestal sink drain there. My next task is the supply lines portion. I am set on using Uponor stuff and need to transition from existing 3/4" trunk and branch...
  17. BimmerRacer

Threaded PVC fittings

P trap adapters, cleanout plugs and such - do these guys need putty, tape or similar?
  18. BimmerRacer

Old AS Cadet repair

A few weeks ago I had to replace a wax ring on my toilet and had to remove the tank to remove the toilet. While in there, I noticed that the old black flapper thingy (sorry, I don't know the proper name) was nasty and cracking. When I was at the box store shopping for new seal between bowl and...
  19. BimmerRacer

Downsides on no clean out for double lav?

I know you guys suggested one...but vanity design/location is not really landing itself to having one that will be hidden/accessible. If someone needed to get in there, could they not go through one or both sides of the double wye?
  20. BimmerRacer

Min/Max lav rough in height?

Only thing I can find is that tail piece can't be >24" and that usually drain is 18-22" above the subfloor. I am using Kohler K-2314 sinks which are top mounted and have the drain opening 4" below the top rim. How high can I place the rough in so that I decrease the tail piece?
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks