Search results

1. E

PEX connections is expansion better?

I'm not a plumber. I see posts about PEX installation and it seems most like expansion type A connections. I am just a handyman type of homeowner but have done complete repipes with PEX. I use crimp and cinch and both have worked well for me and I have multiple tools for doing both. What is it...
  2. E

Sealer where pipes pass through floor?

Any suggestions for sealing around pipes where they pass through the floor to a crawl space? Looking to keep cold air and mice from getting in. I have seen mice chew the expanding foam stuff, anything better?
  3. E

Electric descaler instead of softener??

Anyone have any experience with an electric descaler? I've seen them advertised and didn't understand or see how they worked. https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07X7XYKRB/?coliid=I3327GW1EJYMP&colid=3CTGHDXOD2JP7&psc=1&ref_=list_c_wl_lv_ov_lig_dp_it
  4. E

Danco Hydro Cap??

Has anyone used the Danco Hydro Cap? I know many recommend stacking wax rings, wonder if this would hold everything in place better? https://www.homedepot.com/p/DANCO-HydroCap-Sure-Seat-Wax-Ring-Cap-HCP110X/203533626#overlay
  5. E

Recirculation system, worth it??

Doing some reno on my house and putting in a new 40 gallon electric AO Smith WH. Master bath is about a 30 ft run of 3/4" PEX from the WH. Is it worth it to put a recirculation system in? I know having faster hot water to the shower is nice but aside from the convenience does it work out in...
  6. E

New twist in the quest for a toilet!

I never though buying a toilet would be so hard! I bought a Mansfield from Lowes and was very happy with the look and quality of the toilet. Then I placed it on the flange for a dry fit and some measurements BEFORE I placed the ring. My toilet flange is 11 3/4" to the center measure from the...
  7. E

Wax on? Wax off?

Top of toilet flange is 5/16" below the floor level after tile floor install. What would be best to seal this? I see the Danco combo rubber with the wax, Fluidmaster waxless and then either thick wax or double wax rings. Anyone gone waxless with success? It looks and sounds good but does it...
  8. E

Washing Machine Shutoff question

I'm replumbing the laundry room and need to buy some fittings before I start. I have an Oatey single lever washing machine valve in a box mounted in the wall. Currently has CPVC plumbed to it, will be replacing with PEX. I'm sure the valve has threads for the input side. Are these valves...
  9. E

Pre-hung door question

Odd pre-hung door question. I have a hallway that leads to a room and I want to put a door there. One the left side the hall wall ends at the beginning of the room. Can a pre-hung door frame be attached to the wall without framing a door opening? The knob would be on that side and I would attach...
  10. E

PEX to male NPT

When attaching PEX to a tub faucet what fittings have been the best? I've seen some using the brass and using tape and dope and others that use the loose plastic nut type with the rubber seal in it.
  11. E

Drywall compound recommendations

Need to do a couple of rooms worth of drywall finishing. I'd prefer pre-mixed drywall compound, anyone have any preferred type? I gather from the little research I've done the USG Lightweight is popular.
  12. E

Toilet flange question

I have an ABS toilet flange, it's in good shape but instead of the johnny bolts going in the adjustable slots they mounted the flange so the bolts slide into the fixed side slots and had screws holding the bolts in place. Any reason not to use it this way? really don't want to replace the flange...
  13. E

Bathroom renovation tile floor question

I have gutted my bathroom and started building it back. Tub and surround replaced and all sheetrock up. Put down cement board and am going to tile the floor. I have no door or door frame at the moment and the floor outside the bathroom is just subfloor. I need some suggestions on how to have the...
  14. E

Full flow ball valve for PEX???

3/4" PEX supply line to home water heater instructions say full flow valve. I want to put a 1/4 turn ball valve on the water heater supply. Are the valves that have the crimp style PEX made on them OK or do I need to use a valve that's threaded and install brass adapters to PEX in it?
  15. E

PEX connections on 40 gal electric water heater?

Can PEX be connected directly to an electric tank water heater or do you have to use metallic flex lines?
  16. E

Toilet Flange below floor level??

Doing bathroom renovation and with cement board and tile flange will be low the thickness of cement board and tile. What would be the best way to seal the toilet to the flange? Better to use spacer and wax? 2 wax rings? Or are the non wax ring seals better...
  17. E

If you were going to buy a new toilet which one?

Wanting to replace the toilet and I'm looking for suggestions. Here's what we want, a white round bowl standard height quality toilet. We want one that uses standard replacement parts. looking for something that is simple, functional and quality.
  18. E

Water heater T&P valve pipe and pan pipe???

Going to put a new electric water heater in. What pipe is approved for T&P valve? Is PEX OK to use for it? The one I have now has some thin wall pipe on it. I have read conflicting info on letting the T&P pipe drain into the pan, is that OK? Also pans come with a PVC elbow so is PVC what you use...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks