Search results

1. Caryncbreeef

Floor Drain question / WH proximity to Subpanel question

Hello folks, after three long years getting ready to finish this project. I’ll try to make this simple and clear. Installing a Rheem Proterra 50 gallon Hybrid WH. With regards to subpanel, i have 28” from corner of utility room (where plumbing is) to RH of Subpanel. Code seems to say I need...
  2. Caryncbreeef

DWV test question

Filled DWV from 50” lavatory pipe. Everything else except for roof vent plugged. All pipes dry (we did have to replace two connections, so the test worked in that manner.). I’ve had pressure on the system from the water since Friday. I’ve had to top off a few times and overnight it dropped two...
  3. Caryncbreeef

Rough Plumbing inspection IPC am I missing anything?

Once I redo the brass unions I’ll be good to go I believe. Again I have tried to read what is expected of me but not feeling confident. Talked to a retired inspector and he gave me some hints but left a few things out, at $150 per failure I am trying to pass on go #1. DWV blocked at cleanout...
  4. Caryncbreeef

Bronze union troubles for whole house filter -help please

So I am a day or two away from my rough. We ran PEX A in the whole house and it went pretty well. In the utility room I put a two stage whole house filter because our water has LOTS of stuff that needs to be removed. I ran a diverter run into the attic (where all the distribution is. anyway...
  5. Caryncbreeef

Rough plumbing question IPC code, hot water heater, water hammer

So I have all the dvw done, started running the waterlines. I’ve done as much investigation and reading of the code as possible, and before I post I really try to find out for myself. But I have not been able to find an answer to this question. When I look at the rough in requirements, they talk...
  6. Caryncbreeef

Pro PEX fitting into whole house water filter - Teflon or not?

Hello friends, so getting ready to run the PEX A in the house. I am bringing 1” PEX off of the 3/4” copper from the street to the utility room. I'll run a bypass with valves just in case. I bought pro PEX brand 1” NPT to connect to the in/out of the filter system (putting brass unions on...
  7. Caryncbreeef

Washing machine trap question. Shower drain question

When rough plumbing (IPC) a washer does the trap need to be one with a plug cleanout or compression fitting instead of glued? I read the code but not sure. I will have a T cleanout on the vent line Quick question about shower pan drain. My unit came with one of those 2 inch drains that...
  8. Caryncbreeef

Correct pipe fall, toilet flange height and washing machine questions

So After much effort designing the dwv system for my total remodel we got the parts and got started (thanks to a few of you for your excellent advise). I did a lot of studying and reading both the code and guidebooks from IPC and am feeling more comfortable in understanding what is code and why...
  9. Caryncbreeef

Plumbing layout help

Hello all, Just getting ready to rough in the house I am rehabbing. Two bathrooms and a kitchen, single level, pretty darn tight crawl. I’m running Pex A with a manifold system. My questions are about the DWV system. A friend who is a plumbing inspector came over and laid out for me what I...
  10. Caryncbreeef

Bidet faucet question

Hello, this is my first post. Thanks for being patient. I have plenty of -plumbing experience, but getting ready to rough in my complete remodel myself. Reading about the bidet installation, and vacuum breaker requirement, I checked the faucet I purchased but all the searching I found no info...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks