Search results

1. C317414

New Circuit - Panel Recessed in Concrete

Hi, We have a condo in Puerto Rico (NEC applies here). The walls are reinforced concrete. The service panel is recessed in a concrete wall, and all existing wiring in the condo is through metal conduits buried in the walls. I need to add another 15A circuit, and will be running the wiring...
  2. C317414

Dishwasher - Type of Wire to Use

Hello, Our dishwasher leaked and damaged the floor. The dishwasher was hard-wired to the house using NM cable (Romex type). The guys from the water remediation company cut the cable, instead of disconnecting it. They cut it too short, so it will need to be replaced. I have a few questions...
  3. C317414

Water Damage - Source of Water?

Hello, We were gone from our home for a few months. We arrived yesterday to a dry, but water-damaged hardwood floor in the kitchen. It is obvious that water sat on the floor for a while. While we were gone, we had the water turned off. Outside temperatures dropped below freezing a number...
  4. C317414

Dishwasher Smell

Hello, I'm looking for some advice. We have a fairly new Samsung dishwasher that leaves dishes smelling bad: - The smell seems to occur during the air dry cycle. If I stop the washer right before the dry cycle and pull the wet dishes out, they have no smell. - The small water residue...
  5. C317414

P-trap Away From Sink?

Hello, I would like to get some additional height in a kitchen counter by moving the trap out from under the sink, and up against the back wall of the cabinet. My idea is to come off the bottom of the sink with T for the garbage disposal, then a 90 or 45 degree elbow, and run a pipe to the...
  6. C317414

Lifting Cast Iron Sink - Ideas

Hello, We are in the middle of a kitchen remodel, and are installing a heavy cast iron, under-mount sink. I already installed the mounting/support for the sink, and the next step is to place the sink in the cabinet. There is not much space between the cabinet and the sink rim, so holding it...
  7. C317414

Water Source Heat Pump - Mini Split?

Hello, We have a condo unit in a tropical climate that has a ClimateMaster, 6-ton water source heat pump for cooling. The condenser cooling water comes from a chiller on the roof of the building, and is circulated to all the individual condos. The ClimateMaster unit has the heat pump, and air...
  8. C317414

Washington State - Dishwasher Drain WAC

Hi, The current Washington State Code, WAC 51-56-0414.3, reads: Drainage Connection. Domestic dishwashing machines shall discharge indirectly through an air gap fitting in accordance with Section 807.3 into a waste receptor, a wye branch fitting on the tailpiece of a kitchen sink, or dishwasher...
  9. C317414

K-3397-EB, Mystery Float Valve

Hello, My wife and I recently bought a unit in a high rise condo. Both toilets in the unit appear to be the same, but one has a float valve of some sort that I've never seen before in a toilet. The other one may have had one at one time and it may have been removed. It's a small float valve...
  10. C317414

Deposits on Top of Water Heater

Hello, I have a GE-branded, natural gas water heater that I installed in 9-10 years ago. I've noticed some deposits on top of the heater (see photos) in the last two years or so. The deposits appear to be from a leak, or condensation, but they are totally dry. There's no evidence of a water...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks