K-3397-EB, Mystery Float Valve

Users who are viewing this thread

C317414

Reaction score
Hello,

My wife and I recently bought a unit in a high rise condo. Both toilets in the unit appear to be the same, but one has a float valve of some sort that I've never seen before in a toilet. The other one may have had one at one time and it may have been removed.

It's a small float valve connected to a fairly large diameter PVC hose. The hose is a slip fit in a hole on the front wall of the toilet tank. The valve has a small vertical riser. I removed the assembly and blew into the vertical riser. With the float down, the air flowed into the hose. With the float up, the air flowed out of the valve body.

The photos show the float valve installed, as well as pulled out. I also included a photo of the numbers I found on the tank.

What's the purpose of this device?

Does anyone know the make and model of this toilet?

Resized_IMG_20211006_084033.jpeg
Resized_IMG_20211006_083905.jpg
Resized_IMG_20211006_083807.jpg
Resized_IMG_20211006_085742.jpg

WorthFlorida

Clinical Trail on a Cancer Drug Started 1/31/24. ☹
Solutions
Reaction score
Someone left a part in the tank from the old flush valve assembly.

Jadnashua

Retired Defense Industry Engineer xxx
Reaction score
Sounds like another Kohler...we can do it better even if it's more complicated situation. Rather than balancing the valve to get the tank/bowl refills to coincide, they appear to have added a second float for the bowl refill. IMHO, needless complication. The adjustment on the replacement Fluidmaster (?) fill valve can achieve the same thing, and is much simpler.

C317414

Reaction score
Thanks everyone for the replies. I guess the extra hose an valve are a complicated way to take care of the rim flush.

C317414

Reaction score
Followup:

Thanks guys. I installed the Kohler 84499 conversion kit on one toilet and it did the trick. Now the rim flush works as designed. I'll do the second toilet tomorrow.

The toilets are in our condo in Puerto Rico. The plumbing supply houses here did not have the kits in stock, nor did they know when, or if they could get them. I ended up bringing two kits in my suitcase.

Kohler Toilet Kit.jpeg

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks