Washington State - Dishwasher Drain WAC

Users who are viewing this thread

C317414

Reaction score
Hi,

The current Washington State Code, WAC 51-56-0414.3, reads: Drainage Connection. Domestic dishwashing machines shall discharge indirectly through an air gap fitting in accordance with Section 807.3 into a waste receptor, a wye branch fitting on the tailpiece of a kitchen sink, or dishwasher connection of a food waste disposer. Commercial dishwashing machines shall discharge indirectly through an air gap.

Does anyone know when this the requirement for a domestic dishwasher become effective? If not, do you know how can I find the revision history of the WACs?

Thanks

Reach4

Reaction score
The way I read your quote, an air gap would be unnecessary for a domestic dishwasher. This seems very permissive to me.

C317414

Reaction score
The way I read your quote, an air gap would be unnecessary for a domestic dishwasher. This seems very permissive to me.
The way it's interpreted is that an air gap is required and the discharge can be from there to one of three places.

My question is specifically, when was this WAC section added and/or revised. Alternatively, where can I find WAC revision records?

John Gayewski

In the Trades
Reaction score
The way it's interpreted is that an air gap is required and the discharge can be from there to one of three places.

My question is specifically, when was this WAC section added and/or revised. Alternatively, where can I find WAC revision records?
Not sure when, but you are correct it's required. They are only giving Options of ways to drain it AFTER the air gap.

I'm sure your code uses upc as a model code. Are you asking when upc started the air gap requirement for a domestic dishwasher? Or when Washington adopted upc as a model code?

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks