Toilet Flapper Valve won't fit

Users who are viewing this thread

Jim Miesner

Reaction score
Hi,

Toilet keeps running. I replaced the stopper twice and the next step is to replace the Flapper Valve, but it won't fit this tank.

Any suggestions? I'm getting tired of this constantly running. It's the bane of my existence. Please help!

Jim

Reach4

Reaction score
If you shut off the supply to the tank, where does the tank water level settle?

Also, do you have a plunger near the toilet? If so, you might want to just swap out the toilet. The new ones not only use less water, but they flush better. Rarely need a plunger. So don't commit effort to a toilet that is not really good after the symptom is fixed.

Jim Miesner

Reaction score
So I've had the toilet shut off about 12 hours and there is still five inches of water in it (see image), which I didn't expect. Is it possible it could somehow be leaking through the float?

JohnjH2o1

Plumbing Contractor for 49 years
Reaction score
The refill tube is pushed too far down the overflow causing the water in the tank to siphon.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks