Sprinkler repair help

Users who are viewing this thread

Chr1zis

Reaction score
CB2F06EF-4A3C-4ECC-910F-45F34DFFE631.jpeg

My neighbor hit my sprinkler head while he was mowing the grass and it looks like it destroyed the riser and nozzle. What are my options here? Can I buy a replacement riser or do I have to replace the whole thing? As you can see, the placement is not very great since it’s right up against a tree root.

WorthFlorida

Clinical Trail 5th session completed 4/24/24.
Solutions
Reaction score
Dig round the head and screw off the top and pull out the works. You might get lucky and only have to replace the riser and parts from a new sprinkler. But I would dig about a foot from it all around to find the feeder pipe for this sprinkler head and relocate it. You'll need to use a hand garden shovel to dig around it.
I replaced hundreds of these and I'll guess that the plant nearby has overgrown the space and smothered the sprinklers head, probably all over the yard. Don't blame your neighbor because the riser probably did not retract anymore It's all wear and tear. I had to replace every single one in my yard (about twenty of them) because the risers stop retracting back into the sprinkler body and it still happens all around the neighborhood. The homes are ten or more years old in Avalon Park.

https://www.sprinklerwarehouse.com/DIY-Replacing-A-Spray-s/6834.htm

hj

Master Plumber
Reaction score
Website
www.terrylove.com
The "riser" is what that head is attached to and it does not appear to be damaged. Just dig around the head and unscrew it, then get another one the same length and screw it on.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks