Sprinkler repair help

Discussion in 'Irrigation / Sprinkler Forum' started by Chr1zis, Oct 24, 2018.

1. Chr1zis

Chr1zis New Member

CB2F06EF-4A3C-4ECC-910F-45F34DFFE631.jpeg

My neighbor hit my sprinkler head while he was mowing the grass and it looks like it destroyed the riser and nozzle. What are my options here? Can I buy a replacement riser or do I have to replace the whole thing? As you can see, the placement is not very great since it’s right up against a tree root.

2. WorthFlorida

WorthFlorida Don’t you hate that, take a seat and no paper!

Retired
    Dig round the head and screw off the top and pull out the works. You might get lucky and only have to replace the riser and parts from a new sprinkler. But I would dig about a foot from it all around to find the feeder pipe for this sprinkler head and relocate it. You'll need to use a hand garden shovel to dig around it.
    I replaced hundreds of these and I'll guess that the plant nearby has overgrown the space and smothered the sprinklers head, probably all over the yard. Don't blame your neighbor because the riser probably did not retract anymore It's all wear and tear. I had to replace every single one in my yard (about twenty of them) because the risers stop retracting back into the sprinkler body and it still happens all around the neighborhood. The homes are ten or more years old in Avalon Park.

https://www.sprinklerwarehouse.com/DIY-Replacing-A-Spray-s/6834.htm

3. Sponsor

Sponsor Paid Advertisement

4. hj

hj Moderator & Master Plumber Staff Member

Plumber
    The "riser" is what that head is attached to and it does not appear to be damaged. Just dig around the head and unscrew it, then get another one the same length and screw it on.