Recent content by meathead

1. meathead

Damaged female threads 2" cast iron tee

Not really I tried. The top threads are visible, the botton and the the side facing the drywall where I can't see feel pretty gunked up.
  2. meathead

This is a vent tee, if that changes anything
  3. meathead

I was cutting a lower section of galvanized pipe and the vibration actually caused the rusted portion connecting to the cast iron to break off. I was hoping to unthread the galvanized portion but got unlucky. I've tried a wire brush on a drill to clean up the threads but they're still clogged...
  4. meathead

Remove galvanized pipe or leave it.

So I as part of bathtub to shower conversion I have access to the plumbing for the kitchen and vanity sink as well because they share the same wall. Most of the DWV is galvanized pipe. Would you recommend replacing it with ABS or PVC?
  5. meathead

Removing 1 1/2" Galvanized from cast iron double wye

Thanks, any recommendations on best way to remove the lead packing. Also do can I add anything around the donut if the seal isn't tight
  6. meathead

Removing 1 1/2" Galvanized from cast iron double wye

So I'm trying to convert 2" pipe from 1 1/2" for a new converted tub to walk-in shower. The pipe is galvanized steel and is connected to the double wye cast iron with lead. What are my options to connect without removing the cast iron double wye.
  7. meathead

Piping around corner less than 45 degrees.

Suffered a broken heating pipe at corner that is less than 45 degrees. The installer didn't use a fitting to make the turn. It looks like a piece of regular type m pipe that was molded and bent slightly to fit into expanded opening on another 3/4" pipe. I've seen that done on car exhaust pipes...
  8. meathead

Shutoff valve after water meter

Here is a picture. It's the orange valve I'm taking out. https://imgur.com/a/M55smto
  9. meathead

1/2 copper Oops 3/4, I was thinking something else
  10. meathead

So I was going to replace both my shutoff valves, before and after the water meter. But the utility company said my curbside shutoff doesn't work. So I'm going to leave the valve before the meter and just replace the one after the meter. Do you guys just cut out the valve. Cut off one side and...
  11. meathead

Confused - Zone Heats up but no pressure reading on external pressure gauge & no flow

I have a two zone hydronic heating system. I changed out the pump and and purged the lines. On the 1st zone I purged the zone and pressurized they line to 15 psi. On the 2nd zone (upstairs), I opened the drain valve and no water came out. I added water until about 20psi and stopped. I turned on...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks