Recent content by Firethorne

1. Firethorne

Advice on which softener / combo reduces chloramines best?

Which carbon filter did you eventually go with? I am looking to add the carbon before the water softener as well.
  2. Firethorne

Water softener resin recommendation

Ok, I will note this. Thank you for your advice.
  3. Firethorne

Oh thank goodness for your help, I will go get the Purolite C100X10 then. We have decent chlorine in our water, and we were also considering putting a carbon filter, and the guy quoted us $2,300 for that alone, so we might do it on our own. He said we might not have too much space to put the...
  4. Firethorne

I have a 1.5 cu ft resin tank and my valve is Clack WS-1. My water softener has stopped working, so we had to bypass so that we have cold water into the house. A plumber came by and he said we need to re-bed the resin. He told us that our resin is the gold one, which is bad. When I bought my...
  5. Firethorne

Fleck 5810 - bad product?

Called Pentair and they verified that Mid America Water Treatment is one of their OEM distribution center where they would send repairs to. All I can say so far that Aplus customer service is top notch!
  6. Firethorne

I am going to call Fleck tomorrow and ask them about sending the 5810 back to them for warranty.
  7. Firethorne

At first they said nothing. Basically told me to buy the 5600SXT and new riser tube for $440 delivered. When I asked them about the warranty, they said they can help me return it to Fleck and most probably I would receive a credit, because they cannot replace the 5810. They sent me an invoice...
  8. Firethorne

Fleck 5810 Discontinued? Next Best Alternative Valve? Clack WS1?

I was literally writing another post of my super bad experience with Fleck 5810 XTR2. I am going back to 5600SXT. The touch screen panel of the 5810 was so hard to press, I tapped light, tapped medium, hard, it was frustrating to use. Stay away from 5810, good to know that it has been...
  9. Firethorne

We purchased the Fleck 5810 XTR2 in 2020, after receiving recommendations from this page. Due to Covid, we did not actually hook it up until last month. Upon hooking it up, setting the programming, filling up 3 bags of salt, the regen cycle would continue to get stuck in either backwash and...
  10. Firethorne

Pentair 5810 XTR2 repeating cycle

5810 XTR2 with touch screen metered water softener 48,000 grains 18x40 10% Resin loaded with gravel, blue tanksW/TOUCH SCREEN METERED WATER SOFTENER 48,000 GRAINS, 1" plastic bypass with upper and bottom distributor gasket
  11. Firethorne

Pentair 5810 XTR2 repeating cycle

I have a Pentair 5810 XTR2 water softener, and it keeps on repeating backwash 2 times at 10 minutes each, and then moved to draw 3 times at 50 minutes each time. I just checked and it just resets the timer to do another 50 minutes of draw. Any idea why it keeps on doing this? We checked all the...
  12. Firethorne

Hi, I want to buy the Fleck 5810 xtr2 too. Do you mind what size tank and salt brine does yours...

Hi, I want to buy the Fleck 5810 xtr2 too. Do you mind what size tank and salt brine does yours have? I am confused whether to get the 1.5 cu ft tank or larger. We have 4 people in the house, 4.5 bathroom. City water, 4.4 GPG. Any input would be recommended :)
  13. Firethorne

Water Softener Tank Size

Hi, we are wanting to have water softener installed in our house. I have city water, 4.4 GPG hardness, 4 people in the house, 4.5 bathroom. We like Fleck valve, so we are choosing either the 5600sxt, 7000sxt, 5810sxt. Can anyone tell me if it's worth it to choose the new 5800 series over...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks