Recent content by Dprocket

1. Dprocket

My wax ring failure

Thanks... Job done. Looks like it'll work.
  2. Dprocket

My wax ring failure

Ha! I've suffered for years as a gooner...so life is good right now. I think the tiles are pretty darn level, but I'll double check in the morning. The flange is definitely sitting a "tiles thickness" below the tile surface. Basically, no adjustment was made to the flange when the tile was...
  3. Dprocket

My wax ring failure

Discovered a leak coming from the kids's toilet. Unfortunately, the clue was a small water stain in the living room ceiling. I took the toilet apart and this is what I found. Looks like the flange is below the level of the tile. What would you recommend? A flange extender and a jumbo wax...
  4. Dprocket

Moving shower drain

About 15 years ago, I added a bathroom with shower in my unfinished basement. I installed a round, corner shower kit unit with a drain that was 6" off center. To do this, I dug a trench in my basement foundation, and installed a drain that connected to the basement drain. I covered it with...
  5. Dprocket

Replacing 8' of copper with PEX

Actually, it's not a saddle valve. I snapped a picture. It came out pretty good, but it's really hard to get to. I don't see anything obviously wrong with the valve, but also can't really see the copper supply line all The way up, which is another reason I was thinking of starting fresh...
  6. Dprocket

Replacing 8' of copper with PEX

I recently purchased a new refrigerator. When the home improvement guys came to install it, they noted the water supply to the refrigerator was very weak. Very little water coming in. Our ice makers have not worked for years, so I suspect this is a cause. I went to investigate. I have access...
  7. Dprocket

Sterling Accord 4 Piece install

Fortunately, I have access to the back and had to get real skinny, but was able to move the valve away from the wall while I place it. It was a challenge, but now looks pretty good.
  8. Dprocket

Sterling Accord 4 Piece install

Wow, this has been a very helpful thread. So thankful for this site. I'm installing a very similar unit. I've installed the back and the right wall (the wall without the water spout). I'm now attempting to install the final wall that has my cutouts. I have 4 holes total: Tub spout hole, two...
  9. Dprocket

Standard depth of shower /tub spout nipple

I was able to find a 9" threaded brass nipple that I plan to use to go from Valve to Tub Spout. I have never soldered and would prefer not to learn today. Is it ok to go PEX up from the valve to the shower head and also the handheld and use my 1/2" SharkBite fittings?
  10. Dprocket

We'll duh. I've only read this about 5x's on this site. Thanks for the reminder.. I'm a little slow. I really don't know anything about soldering or have any equipment, so maybe I'll look for a threaded brass pipe and a drop ear nipple. But no problem using PEX up to the shower and the hand...
  11. Dprocket

Is there a standard depth of how a nipple should be installed for a shower head and tub spout? I have a sterling tub surround and a fancy shower/tub valve set (brand is Embather. The picture based documentation is not clear at all. The valve has a plastic encasing that shows how it should be...
  12. Dprocket

Bathtub drain pipe to waste pipe connection

Terry - I've spent 30 minutes looking for this post, as I read it a few weeks ago and my project got delayed. On the trap adapter (similar to above on the left) would you use a bead of silicone around the top hub? I have one, but I do not believe it has a compression ring, so I'm wondering...
  13. Dprocket

Is Vikrell just garbage?

Ok, the third time is the charm. Finally got it in, and it is not damaged. I was able to install it last night. Now, to connect the plumbing, etc. Thanks for the feedback.
  14. Dprocket

Is Vikrell just garbage?

I've special ordered two bath tub surround combos from a big box. I had to wait 3 weeks for each shipment. Both have arrived damaged. I've got a bathroom re-plumbed and roughed in for a specific tub. The specs are exact and I've re-routed quite a bit of draining and supply lines to...
  15. Dprocket

1/2 inch to 3/4” for bathroom remodel?

Thanks. That's what I was thinking...didn't think there'd be any benefit. And also thanks for the reminder about copper. I plan to do that.
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks