Increased Water Pressure Issue

Users who are viewing this thread

MBridges

Reaction score
I am having increased water pressure issues and can not figure out why. I had a tiny hole develop in the expansion tank of my hot water heater and had the tank replaced. Ever since them, it seems like the water pressure is more forceful than what it was prior to the replacement, especially when flushing the toilets (it seems like it is a harder cutoff). I can run the hot water out of the tap from one of the faucets for 30-45 seconds, then flush a toilet and everything seems normal. However, a few minutes later it seems like the increased water pressure is back. I have checked the incoming water pressure and it does not appear that it has changed. Any ideas what could be going on and how it can be fixed?

Reach4

Reaction score
I am having increased water pressure issues and can not figure out why.
You have which?
  1. city water with a PRV (pressure reducing valve)
  2. city water with no PRV
  3. your own well.
  4. don't know

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks