Increased Water Pressure Issue

Discussion in 'Plumbing Forum, Professional & DIY Advice' started by MBridges, Jan 15, 2020.

1. MBridges

MBridges New Member

I am having increased water pressure issues and can not figure out why. I had a tiny hole develop in the expansion tank of my hot water heater and had the tank replaced. Ever since them, it seems like the water pressure is more forceful than what it was prior to the replacement, especially when flushing the toilets (it seems like it is a harder cutoff). I can run the hot water out of the tap from one of the faucets for 30-45 seconds, then flush a toilet and everything seems normal. However, a few minutes later it seems like the increased water pressure is back. I have checked the incoming water pressure and it does not appear that it has changed. Any ideas what could be going on and how it can be fixed?

2. valveman

valveman Cary Austin Staff Member

Pump Controls Technician
    Too much air in the expansion tank maybe?

3. Sponsor

Sponsor Paid Advertisement

4. Reach4

Reach4 Well-Known Member

You have which?
    1. city water with a PRV (pressure reducing valve)
    2. city water with no PRV
    3. your own well.
    4. don't know