Using bottom outlet of Kohler K-8304-KS-NA Rite-Temp Pressure Balanced Valve to Diverter

Users who are viewing this thread

dirby

Reaction score
I am getting my plan together to rough in a shower including the Kohler K-8304-KS-NA Rite-Temp Pressure Balanced Valve with one output to a diverter between a shower head and hand shower. Because of the depth of the shower, I want to place the rite-temp valve on a separate wall from the diverter, shower head and hand shower so we can turn the shower on with no risk of getting wet. I'd like to run the water lines low in the wall to make room for a niche and steer clear of some electrical wires, so the best solution for the outlet from the rite-temp valve to the diverter is the bottom output that would typically go to the tub. Is there any problem with me using that outlet instead of the designated shower outlet? Should I reverse the cartridge and attach the cold on the left and hot on the right of the valve in order to use the designated shower output from the bottom instead? I have no idea if that even makes sense, which is why I'm asking. Thanks for your help.

dirby

Reaction score
Well, I realized that I can reverse the aspirator in the cartridge in order to use the bottom outlet for a shower head.

k-3404-parts.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks