Toto Supreme II

Users who are viewing this thread

MarkII

Reaction score
I am looking for a new toilet. Based on the info online, it seems like Toto is the way to go. I went to a store and I was looking at the Supreme II.
Is there any difference in the other one-piece 1.28 gallon toilets like the Ultramax II? Is the flushing mechanism the same?

MarkII

Reaction score
Would I be better off trying to find an 1.6 toilet or in terms of flushing strength are the new 1.28 Totos just as good?

Terry

The Plumbing Wizard
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
terrylove.com
Pretty much! Same parts, same trapway and bowl design.

The 1.28 works fine. I'm selling a ton of them.

Last edited:

MarkII

Reaction score
do any of these Toto toilets have extra water in the water tank such that if you hold the handle down you would get more water? Somebody told me some have extra water in the tank that does not give you any more water per flush, but increases the force of the flush. Are either of these true? If so, which models?

Jadnashua

Retired Defense Industry Engineer xxx
Reaction score
Nearly all modern toilets rely on 'extra' water in the tank to provide the pressure to flush properly (think water tank tower). The higher the tank and the higher the water level, the more pressure. There's a slight difference between toilets based on how high the tank is. Once you get a well-designed, modern toilet, you'll be amazed at how well it works with the design amount - more is just not needed 99.9% of the time. There are some not so well designed toilets out there, but you should be happy with any Toto you might choose.

MarkII

Reaction score
so with the higher tank of the Ultramax, would I be gaining any more pressure?

On a different note, I am pretty short (5'3"). I see the toilets as being ADA compliant. Would they be too high for a short person?

Gary Swart

In the Trades
Reaction score
The difference in pressure is overrated. Every model Toto makes performs well. ADA compliant toilets are about the same height as a ordinary dining table chair, so you can use that as a guide.

Terry

The Plumbing Wizard
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
terrylove.com
My mother is 95 and 5'-4"
After her knee replacement, we installed the taller bowls. She prefers that height now.
I've also seen small lifts that set by a bowl, in case someone wants to lift the knees higher.
Otherwise, they do make some standard height bowls, like the MS854114E & MS854114EG Ultramax and the CST744E Drake.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks