Toto Ultramax II warped? Is this normal

Users who are viewing this thread

MikiCab

Reaction score
Just got my new Toto Ultramax II toilet and installed it. When I was putting the toilet seat on I am seeing huge gaps like a Chrysler between the toilet seat and the toilet. Is this normal? I have emailed Toto and am waiting for their response. I put a straight edge across toilet where the toilet seat sits and you can see the gap. It is like the center of the toilet there is a rise of about 1/4 to 1/2 inch. Thank you in advance for your response.
t2.jpg
t3.jpg

Tuttles Revenge

In the Trades
Reaction score
That isn't supposed to be that way. There can be slight deviations to perfectly flat, but that looks a tad beyond. A photo of a level across the entire side to side would be more helpful. But Toto will stand behind their product if there is a manufactures defect.

I would call them on the phone to get a more timely response.

BECplumbing

Plumbing Apprentice
Reaction score
Just got my new Toto Ultramax II toilet and installed it. When I was putting the toilet seat on I am seeing huge gaps like a Chrysler between the toilet seat and the toilet. Is this normal? I have emailed Toto and am waiting for their response. I put a straight edge across toilet where the toilet seat sits and you can see the gap. It is like the center of the toilet there is a rise of about 1/4 to 1/2 inch. Thank you in advance for your response.
View attachment 96486View attachment 96487
That is not normal at all. Slight gap may be normal but nothing like this. What I would recommend is returning the toilet and seeing if you can get a new one under warranty or get refunded.

MikiCab

Reaction score
Here are two more pictures. I am waiting for Toto to get back to me. I worked in manufacturing and quality control and I can tell you one thing. This is either lack of quality controls or end of the month management saying "Ship everything we have to meet our numbers and we will deal with the returns" I literally had a manager tell me"If we don't ship I don't get my bonus" even though the products had failed quality assurance process and were rejected. I am sure something like that is going on or they just have horrible quality control. There is no way this would not be at least spot checked on a random basis since it is one of the critical surfaces that needs to be withing tolerance.
tt6.jpg
tt5.jpg

MikiCab

Reaction score
Talked to Toto Support and they said to take it back to Home Depot for a refund or replacement. Problem is it took a month to get this toilet and I am afraid if they send me another one it will have the same exact problem. They do not have these in local stock. I will try to find a dealer that sells Toto toilets locally and see if they can get me one that is not warped. Absolutely no help at all. This is bizarre. Home Depot has the Ultramax ii for $690. Local plumbing stores it is$1000+. Same toilet from what I can see. Lowe's sells it without a toilet seat which is strange and again it has to be ordered. From what I am reading on Reviews at Home Depot the Toilets made in Thailand have this issue where toilets made other places do not. I called Home Depot and they cannot guarantee from which location the toilet will come from. Time to look for another toilet I guess. Maybe the Drake. Costco has them for $399 but I wanted a one piece.

Last edited:
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks