Toto choices

Users who are viewing this thread

MyFather'sDaughter

Reaction score
For my 88 year-old blind mom, I ordered an Alpha JX bidet seat, elongated. Want a new toilet, too. I'm going a little bit crazy w the choices. Rough-in doesn't matter, I have 16" from the back wall to the screws. Toto has models with an extra hole for electricity for a bidet seat (labeled with a T20 or T40?), but will the Alpha JX electrical fit through that hole, I don't know. I can't even narrow down the toilet choices with T20 or T40. Are there any Drake models with the T20 or T40 designation? I'm searching for a Toto, 1.28 gpf (E), Univ height (F). Tornado (C) is likely as good as or better than the max, but I don't know for sure, and the Cefiontect glaze (G) is fine, too. How do the Toto Drakes or Drake II models compare, and how do they compare with the Entrada models for reliability? To me, 1.0 gal or 1.28 gallon is not important, I just want it to flush and be clean (I like the large waterline, hopefully to catch the dropped logs), and be a reasonable cost (Not cheaping out here, just don't want to overdo it (Vespin II costs too much) since I already spent $$$ for the bidet. Thank you in advance. My family laughs at how I know too much about toilets. But I still need guidance here.

Breplum

Licensed plumbing contractor
Reaction score
For performance just look at the independent MaP rating/testing site https://map-testing.com/map-search/ ONLY go for a top rated 1,000 rate (grams).
The Entrada is a VERY reliable flush and performer. We use them everywhere and though they aren't the cutest tank shape on toilets out there, most nobody cares as the seat lid covers the tank profile !
The bowl profile on the Entrada will work with any bidet seat.
I have had the nice-low-priced American Standard Cadet3 FlowWise from H.D. (right-height and special glaze too like the Cefiontect) in my main bathroom and over a few years it performs like a champ, has basic Fluidmaster tank components which can be purchased from any Ace hardware (not that I've needed).
Compared to a Toto Drake whose internal ballcocks are now junk and a replacement flush lever costs nearly $30.

Tuttles Revenge

In the Trades
Reaction score
I just looked at the Alpha site and can see that there is no benefit to the T40 hole.. your choices have expanded greatly. I agree with Breplum tho I haven't had any bad experiences with the Toto Drake.

MyFather'sDaughter

Reaction score
Breplum and Tuttles Revenge, thank you for your kind replies. I checked the link you posted for toilets with 1,000 grams. I decided to go with the TOTO Drake Two-Piece Elongated 1.6 GPF Universal Height TORNADO FLUSH Toilet with CEFIONTECT, Cotton White - CST776CSFG#01 because it has 1.6gpf. In a post from June, I read how Washington State won't allow 1.6 gpf or larger, and that this may be the wave of the future. My mom's house gets a lot of traffic/visitors, so I'm thinking the toilet should have 1,000 MaP, the larger waterline, the tornado flush, and the C-glaze. The Drake has 1.6 gpf, and the price is $278.95. Re: the American Standard, I read many reviews and well, it didn't look good. I think I'll take my chances with the Drake 1.6 gpf replacement parts should that need occur. The Entrada has 1.28 gpf (lower amount of water may mean a greater chance of skids from multiple users). I have so many siblings and they have kids and grandkids, it's like an airport in here sometimes. Tuttles R, I appreciate your checking on the T40 hole question I had. I'm relieved to know the Alpha JX bidet will fit without the special T40 hole. Thank you for your comments. It also helps when I read other posts from "Current Drake CST776CEFG vs Entrada CST224EF" and other posts about toilets. Thank you Breplum and Tuttles Revenge (and others) for participating in this forum.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks