Toto Aquia dual flush toilet product review, comments and posts.

Users who are viewing this thread

Terry

The Plumbing Wizard
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
terrylove.com
Replacing the assembly cap with these instructions

www.terrylove.com/korky

korky_cap.jpg

Terry

The Plumbing Wizard
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
terrylove.com
Special Buy for Toto CST414M-12

attachment.php

I picked up a few of the Toto Aquia I CST414M-12 in Beige/Biscuit in the Seattle area for $299.99 each.

I normally sell the white for $319.00 and the Beige for $364.99

TOTO Aquia I, CST414M-12 Sedona Beige to match Kohler Biscuit or American Standard Linen

These can be picked up in Bothell or installed in the Seattle area for a little more.

Order here

metropxp

Reaction score
Thanks for stopping the running toilet

Terry,

Thanks for the advice. Since I'm 2300 miles from Seattle I went to one of the big warehouse stores near me and found the cap for $2.37. Five minutes after I was home the toilet was silent.

Thanks again. :D:D:D

Acerone

Reaction score
I'm sorry but which toilet seat do you order with your Aquia II?

Acerone

Reaction score
Thanks for the tip... I perfect the look of the SS114...

SS204
SS204_zoom.jpg

SS114
SS114_zoom.jpg

Machabs9

Reaction score
My Aquia Leaks

I had an Toto Aquia II installed 'professionally' a few weeks ago. It seems to work fine normally but has leaked twice on me - from the bottom of the toilet, it doesn't overflow through the bowl.
The contractors original blamed it by rough iron pipes. A blockage it not out of the question, but should it be leaking out of the bottom??

Does this sound like a case of a bad or improper seal?

Are there any 'tricky' steps in installing an Aquia II that are different from a normal toilet install that could be missed??
Thanks.

Machabs9

Reaction score
Please elaborate

Thanks for the response Terry.
With a good seal, wouldn't even a main line back-up just overflow the bowl and not leak under the toilet onto the floor?

The leaking occurred after several flushes within a 30 minute period.
Could this be a slow draining main line?
Might I have two problems... the seal and main line back-up/slow drain?

Terry

The Plumbing Wizard
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
terrylove.com
aquia_adapter.jpg

These adapters are installed with a seal at the flange.
We normally use wax.
If you have a main line backup, don't expect wax to hold very much head pressure.
If it is a backup, the toilet flange is normally the lowest point in the home, followed by tubs and showers.
It's easy enough to pop the bowl off and check the flange seal though.

Machabs9

Reaction score
Resolution

It turns out there were two problem at play here.

1) There was a partial main line blockage.

2) Also the wax seal used was not sufficient. I was told this model needs an extra tall wax seal. My contractors originally used a regular wax, for the fix they used a regular wax seal on top of a wax seal with neoprene(?) base. This double tall wax seal seem to do the trick, but only the next main line back-up will tell me sure. Does this sound right that an extra tall was seal is need for the Aquia II?

Happy Flushin'

Terry

The Plumbing Wizard
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
terrylove.com
Does this sound right that an extra tall was seal is need for the Aquia II?

Anytime the flange is lower then the finished floor, you need more wax.

Unless the flange is installed "over" the floor, it takes more then a single wax ring.

For any bowl or toilet.

But then any plumber knows that.
A handyman might not know that.

DamonC

Reaction score
I have a bit of a side question, but I thought it would be good to keep questions regarding the Toto Aquia together.

Does the Aquia (not II or III versions) fit a 10" rough-in? It seems like it is the only version that uses the unifit adapter(?), but i just wanted to check that this was a viable option for my home.

Thanks for any input,
-Damon

DamonC

Reaction score
There is no 10" option for the Aquia.

*sigh* Oh well.. I was really getting set on an Aquia.

I've heard that Toto is supposed to be coming out with a 10" Aquia very soon, but i can't say how reliable that source it (a local boutique home appliance store).

Is Caroma my only option for a 10" rough-in dual flush toilet? I may just go with a 1.28gal toilet instead, like the Guinevere or Soiree.

Thank you for the definitive response.

-Damon

PP

Reaction score
CEFIONTECT or not?

Hi Terry,

I just purchased a TOTO CST464MF-01.
Will this have the CEFIONTECT finish or is there a different model number to obtain that. I'm hoping TOTO is using that finish now on all models, but not sure.

Peanut9199

Customer Service Manager Plumbing Wholesale
Reaction score
*sigh* Oh well.. I was really getting set on an Aquia.

I've heard that Toto is supposed to be coming out with a 10" Aquia very soon, but i can't say how reliable that source it (a local boutique home appliance store).

Is Caroma my only option for a 10" rough-in dual flush toilet? I may just go with a 1.28gal toilet instead, like the Guinevere or Soiree.

Thank you for the definitive response.

-Damon

There is a 10" coming soon CST416MF.10 Universal Height as well as 10".
The price book says "Available 3Q09" 3rd quarter of 2009, but with Toto i would say to be safe 1st quarter of 2010.

Peanut9199

Reaction score
Hi Terry,

I just purchased a TOTO CST464MF-01.
Will this have the CEFIONTECT finish or is there a different model number to obtain that. I'm hoping TOTO is using that finish now on all models, but not sure.

That model does not come with CEFIONTECT and there is no option for any of the Aquia's with CEFIONTECT.

PP

Reaction score
Sangloss

Do you know if there is a reason not to offer the SanGloss finish? Reports on it's characteristics are so good.

Peanut9199

Reaction score
Do you know if there is a reason not to offer the SanGloss finish? Reports on it's characteristics are so good.

Not sure why it's not available.
Because of the low water level i would think this would be the best one to use the CEFIONTECT.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks