Toto Aquia dual flush toilet product review, comments and posts.

Users who are viewing this thread

WJcandee

Wise One
Reaction score
Yeah, you typically attach the Aquia fill valve to the water supply hose before you install the tank. To disconnect that hose from the fill valve, I'm pretty confident you have to pull the tank. The Aquia II tank goes on a little differently than most, as well. I would pull the instructions from the Toto web site before you start so you can be sure you know how to put it back together properly.

LlostBoyzz

Reaction score
Thanks for the reply wjcandee!
I've read over the instructions and it says when installing, you have to tighten the two bolts down. I have tried unscrewing the bolts but they seems to be stuck. I don't want to strip the bolts or worst, so I just let it be. Guess I have to return the bidet. :(

You need the THU9090 for the Aquia if you intend to install a washlet or bidet seat.
https://terrylove.com/forums/showthread.php?37225-Toto-Aquia-to-washlet-feed-THU9090

attachment.php

Last edited by a moderator:

WJcandee

Wise One
Reaction score
Thanks for the reply wjcandee!
I've read over the instructions and it says when installing, you have to tighten the two bolts down. I have tried unscrewing the bolts but they seems to be stuck. I don't want to strip the bolts or worst, so I just let it be. Guess I have to return the bidet. :(

I wouldn't give up so quickly. Terry installs lots of Aquias and lots of Bidet Seats. Maybe he can give you some pointers!

Rrcool

Reaction score
I installed this toilet back in 2006 and it has worked flawlessly until today ... it's clogged!

Does anyone know where I can find the drawings of the inside workings so I know which way to try to "snake" it?

Terry

The Plumbing Wizard
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
terrylove.com
I installed this toilet back in 2006 and it has worked flawlessly until today ... it's clogged!

Does anyone know where I can find the drawings of the inside workings so I know which way to try to "snake" it?

The closet auger would go down the bowl, same as other bowls.
You also have the option of pulling the bowl, by removing the the screws near the floor, pulling it off the adapter and seeing if the clog is there.
You should be able to to it from the top though, unless it's something like a toothbrush.

Reach4

Reaction score

Here is a cross section of "this" toilet, but I am pretty sure it is not American Standard. This is a real POS however:
original.jpg
You are unlikely to find a toilet that bad.

On the other hand, here is a cross section of this toilet:
toilets-00.jpg

Looking at the side of the toilet may give a clue as to the path.

Instagood

Reaction score
Is the Aquia still a very good toilet? or has quality gone down? I want to buy one for my apartment bathroom when i renovate it. I was recently in a local bath store which sells Toto toilets and I inquired about pricing for aquia; the clerk mentioned that there has been a lot of returns on the aquias and the person referred to it as "quality issues". They said the common thing was that the water would always run... Is this true?

Terry

The Plumbing Wizard
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
terrylove.com
"They said the common thing was that the water would always run... Is this true?"

I've sold a few hundred, and they have been trouble free.
It uses the Korky fill valve, easy to make a simple fix if there ever is a problem, and the seal is easy to change.
I've only had to do a flush valve seal repair twice now. Pretty good out of a few hundred units.

aquia_inside_tank.jpg

Unhook the fill tube, and spin the flush valve out. The seal is on the bottom.

MidwestMama

Reaction score
We built our house new in 2010 and had 4 Toto Aquia's installed. I believe they were Aquia 2s, but I can't find the invoice right now. They are two piece with 1.6 and .9 Gpf. We have disliked this toilet since the day we got it! I am surprised as I read through these reviews and seeing how positive they are. Our chief complaint is that there is often skid marks left behind above the water line. If we preflush to wet the bowl it seems to help, but it really defeats the water savings then. Also, the boys complain that the toilet seat often doesn't stay up. At least it is a slow close! Also, if you have to remove the toilet seat for any reason, you can't simply detach and reattach the screws to the seat as they fall in. My husband was seriously injured and in a wheel chair for awhile. We had to install a different attachment that goes under the toilet seat to help stabilize him (sort of like grab bars) and this was neary impossible. We then had to order replacement screw inserts. The seat in the master bathroom is starting to wear and has a rough finish in one spot, and I'd normally just replace it, but I have not had the desire to mess with it again! The half circle behind the seat that covers everything is difficult to clean around too. I have 4 boys and they make cleaning toilets a big deal. They are why I chose this in the first place, and the skirting is fantastic for cleaning. Our previous house had a toilet seat that we had purchased that was super easy to take on and off and we would pop it off and place it in the shower to clean it, while also able to easily clean the toilet under where the seat attaches.

We are finishing our basement and adding a bathroom. It is unlikely to get used often as our other toilets, but I am really struggling to talk myself into buying another Toto when we have had such incredibly negative experiences with this model.

Jadnashua

Retired Defense Industry Engineer xxx
Reaction score
Other seats will fit on the Aquia. I think that the Bemis has one that easily removes. The rubber expansion bolts should not fall into the toilet if that's what you had. Skid marks are often a diet thing combined with how you actually sit on the toilet.

WJcandee

Wise One
Reaction score
. I was recently in a local bath store which sells Toto toilets and I inquired about pricing for aquia; the clerk mentioned that there has been a lot of returns on the aquias and the person referred to it as "quality issues". They said the common thing was that the water would always run... Is this true?

Clerks at bath stores routinely talk out their behind becuase they are trying to push you into another model. It is amazing what incentives clerks have to tell you something other than the unvarnished truth. And you're not going to get the best price on a Toto if you buy it in a bath shop.

That said, it can also be that the bath shop recommends a particular plumber, perhaps one of the many that never bother to read directions when installing things.

And the particular complaint, "the water always runs", sounds like total bs to me. Because I understand how toilets work, unlike that clerk.

The experiences posted here are unvarnished, and are by the people who have to go back and repair things when they stop working, something that they don't want to have to do. Terry has installed hundreds of this model, and has very very high customer acceptance.

You do see the "special needs" person who posted above who is complaining about a lot of stuff that is in her control, like the choice of seat, like skid marks, but she doesn't know enough about her options and also doesn't realize that her situation is unusual, and instead just complains.

Maybe she needs a Mayfair slow-close seat with the easy-detach hinges so she can easily access the porcelain that's being sprayed with poo, and can easily wash the seat in the shower. (!) Maybe she needs a pressure-assist model to blast the skid marks off. Noisy, more expensive, potentially-(if rarely)-hazardous, but maybe it better meets her special needs.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks