Toto Aquia dual flush toilet product review, comments and posts.

Discussion in 'Toilet Forum discussions' started by stimpsonjcatt, Aug 31, 2005.

1. llostboyzz

llostboyzz New Member

I have been having a problem and it is driving me nuts! I hope any of you guys can help me.
    I recently bought a bidet to install in my Toto Aquia II toilet and I can't seem to get to the water valve that is connected to the tank. I need to install this T-adapter to the water valve that is connected to the tank but the design of this toilet won't let me get to it. Other toilets I have seen online have it in plain view in the bottom and left of the tank. This toilet's design blocks it so I can't even reach the water valve.
    How do I go about it? I've tried taking the whole tank out but the bolts on the tank are screwed in pretty hard. I don't want to mess up the whole toilet just for a bidet so any suggestions or advice would be greatly appreciated! Thanks in advance!
  2. wjcandee

wjcandee Wise One

Yeah, you typically attach the Aquia fill valve to the water supply hose before you install the tank. To disconnect that hose from the fill valve, I'm pretty confident you have to pull the tank. The Aquia II tank goes on a little differently than most, as well. I would pull the instructions from the Toto web site before you start so you can be sure you know how to put it back together properly.
  3. llostboyzz

llostboyzz New Member

Thanks for the reply wjcandee!
    I've read over the instructions and it says when installing, you have to tighten the two bolts down. I have tried unscrewing the bolts but they seems to be stuck. I don't want to strip the bolts or worst, so I just let it be. Guess I have to return the bidet. :(

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 27, 2014
  4. wjcandee

wjcandee Wise One

I wouldn't give up so quickly. Terry installs lots of Aquias and lots of Bidet Seats. Maybe he can give you some pointers!
  5. rrcool

rrcool New Member

I installed this toilet back in 2006 and it has worked flawlessly until today ... it's clogged!

Does anyone know where I can find the drawings of the inside workings so I know which way to try to "snake" it?
  6. Terry

Terry Administrator Staff Member

The closet auger would go down the bowl, same as other bowls.
    You also have the option of pulling the bowl, by removing the the screws near the floor, pulling it off the adapter and seeing if the clog is there.
    You should be able to to it from the top though, unless it's something like a toothbrush.
  7. Reach4

Reach4 Well-Known Member

Here is a cross section of "this" toilet, but I am pretty sure it is not American Standard. This is a real POS however:[​IMG] You are unlikely to find a toilet that bad.

On the other hand, here is a cross section of this toilet: [​IMG]

Looking at the side of the toilet may give a clue as to the path.
  8. Terry

Terry Administrator Staff Member

[​IMG]

An old Norris from 1978 being replaced by an Aquia CST416M on the right.

[​IMG]

Okay, make that two of them :)