1. jimbo

jimbo Plumber

There have been frequent mentions of what kind of "surprises" you may find when purchasing a product at a box retailer, or even Costco, et al. Once again, it is "we the people", we the American CONSUMER, who have created this monster. Those stores have a virtually 'no questions aksed' return policy....because WE demand such. We favor them with our repeat business BECAUSE they give us that opportunity. THEREFOR, we should NOT be surprised at the obvious result of such policy. We will sometimes purchase a product which someone else has returned. It may, or may not, be still in pristine condition.

WELCOME TO AMERICA
    Last edited by a moderator: Jun 3, 2014
  2. Terry

Terry Administrator Staff Member

This happens at Nordstoms too. If someone returns clothing, and they can't tell if it's been worn, it goes on the shelf.
    I've tried to install plumbing products that had been returned to a big box store, and the defect was still there. A big waste of time.
    If I bring a "defective" part back to a wholesaler, it gets marked as so, and get's thrown in the trash where it belongs.
  3. bluebinky

bluebinky Member

I try to remember to inspect everything. The other day, in a rush, I bought an ABS fitting with a sawed off piece of pipe glued in one end. Should I return it so someone else can buy it again?