Share This Page

valveman

Moderator, from Lubbock, Texas

Staff Member
valveman was last seen:
Viewing thread corded float switches, Aug 27, 2015 at 1:41 PM
    1. Gadgetrover
      Gadgetrover
      I have excavated the run of pipe to the house and have noted no obvious issues with the plastic pipe. Strangely, the well no longer seems to be losing prime, at least in 20 minutes as it has been doing, consistent with my having successfully tested everything prior to burying things initially. I am guessing there is a leak, created or worsened when the pipe is buried. Do you have any insights or suggested next steps?
    2. Gadgetrover
      Gadgetrover
      I should mention that the pump loses its prime within 15-20 minutes and the pump pulls water from the hot water tank when its prime has been lost, prior to sputtering, losing the stream altogether and finally re-priming. The latter has me puzzled since the water heater is on the pressure side and it doesn't make sense that it should be back-flowing into the pump under any circumstance, should it?
      1. valveman
        valveman
        When you lose prime, if water is flowing backwards it can come out of the water heater as well. But I would think you would need to open a faucet or have a leak in the house to let air in for the water heater to drain backwards. It looks as though it is certain that water is leaking backwards. Finding where it is going is just a process of elimination.
        Aug 24, 2015 at 1:21 PM
    3. Gadgetrover
      Gadgetrover
      Valveman, I still have yet to receive a response other than yours regarding my sandpoint well saga. I am at a crossroad right now as to dig up the line from the well pipe to the house or pull the well pipe up. Do you have a feeling for the success of one versus the other? Note that I have checked both ends of the plastic pipe and fittings, so I would just disconnect it and replace it for the second time.
    4. Mark Chauvin
      Mark Chauvin
      Question about your Profile Pix. Why do you have the big common tank "x"ed out?
    5. justin cole
  • About

Home Page:
    http://cyclestopvalves.com/index2.html
    Pump Controls Technician
    Long time Well Driller and Pump Installer

Mountain Biking