Need help identifying part - faucet quick-connect hose

Discussion in 'Plumbing Forum, Professional & DIY Advice, Tips & ' started by desparate_geek, Jun 23, 2011.

1. desparate_geek

desparate_geek New Member

Folks, I installed replacement faucets in my bathroom 3 years ago or so. Recently things started leaking and I discovered that the plastic connector on one of the hoses has completely broken down. I visited all local plumbing stores and nobody has this part or can tell me where to get one. Its basically two hoses with three connectors -- one on each end going to Hot/Cold and one in the middle, which mixes the hot/cold together and connects to the tap. The connectors are plastic and they just snap on. Attached is the picture of the part.

IMG_1364.jpg

I appreciate any suggestions.

Thank you!
  2. Starglow

Starglow New Member

My neighbor ran onto that after having his granite kitchen counter top installed. We ended up cutting off the plastic connectors and using brass connectors.

I'm not sure that will work on the faucet end in your case unless you can reuse that connector without it leaking, but the other two ends should be easy to adapt to a different type connector.
  3. Terry

Terry Administrator Staff Member

Post a picture of the faucet. You will have to get the part from the manufacturer.
  4. desparate_geek

Faucet

Thank you! Here is the picture of the faucet. Unfortunately I can't tell who made it. I think it was purchased at Home Depot. Can you tell what it is?

IMG_1366.jpg
  5. hj

hj Moderator & Master Plumber Staff Member

The tube looks like a Glacier Bay or Pegasus, and if so, you have to get a new one from them.
  6. desparate_geek

Looks like the site is restricting posting of URLs. It's called "Pegasus Verdanza 8 in. 2-Handle Lavatory Faucet in Brushed Nickel" and you can find it on Home Depot website.
  7. hj

I believe both Pegasus and Glacier Bay customer services are in the Atlanta Home Depot headquarters so if you call there, they should be able to transfer you to the correct person.
  8. plumber2011

plumber2011 Expert Plumber

Hi Desparate_geek,

That is a Model # 65852-8004 Pegasus Verdanza 8" center spread faucet in brushed nickel...You can also reference the SKU # 897429

The flexible hose part you need is Part #RP70006

Call 18006540688 ext.#76151 and talk to Teria, she'll be glad to help you out with all this. You may need to email her a picture, but may not...;) She should mail the part to you very fast off!

Any problems with it just let me know, OK?

Good luck with it!
  9. hj

That is the phone number for a Home Depot Store in Missouri, but the extension may ring to Atlanta.
  10. jimbo

jimbo Plumber

Glacier Bay/Pegasus warranty support is 888-328-2383
  11. plumber2011

plumber2011 Expert Plumber

I deal with these guys all the time and have provided numbers that are short cuts to people that will help now.

The first number provided at my previous post is a direct link to Teria, an associate with the company. If D-G calls the number at my previous post and and provides the information I presented, Tiera will send the part out immediately!

Genevieve is another associate with the company and has confirmed they have the replacement part in stock and ready to go...D-G just needs to call 18006540688 ext.#76432

Either person is glad to help!
    Last edited: Jun 24, 2011