Kitchen sprayer guide replacement

Users who are viewing this thread

Evan Lay

Reaction score
Hi there. I'm trying to replace the guide for my kitchen sprayer. It broke this morning. I'm trying to remove the hose from where it connects to the faucet and I've come across this.

evan-01.jpg

evan-02.jpg

I have searched and searched and cannot find how to get this off. Does anyone know how to get this hose disconnected?

WJcandee

Wise One
Reaction score
Yep. These hoses clip on. You should be able to unclip it, now that you know how it attaches. I'm thinking that either pulling the top pieces in the first photo outward should do it, or even pushing at the base of the clips to spread the top clips. (On Delta, you push at the base of the clip and it spreads, but you can also just manually spread it. Let us know how it goes.

hj

Master Plumber
Reaction score
Website
www.terrylove.com
UNscrew the head from the hose. there will be a "C" clip holding the bottom onto the hose. Remove it and you can drop the hose down into the cabinet a lot easier than unsnapping, and maybe breaking, that connection.

James Schovanec

Reaction score
UNscrew the head from the hose. there will be a "C" clip holding the bottom onto the hose. Remove it and you can drop the hose down into the cabinet a lot easier than unsnapping, and maybe breaking, that connection.

I had to slide the bottom back a hair on the hose to see the C clip, but everything was as easy as you described. Thanks a ton.

Aron Ives

Reaction score
Can you tell me who makes this sink/sprayer? I'm trying to replace one but once the clip was off all I have is an unthreaded copper spout. The Kohler I bought to replace my broken unit clearly won't attach as it's a threaded female connection. Can I get the clip attachment off my old hose and put it on the new one?

Ron Takahashi

Reaction score
To remove the hose, push the plastic end towards the metal tube (up in the picture), press together the plastic tabs, and pull down, gently. The hose and quick connect will easily pull off the metal tube. A one hand operation.
It took 1/2 hour for me to figure that out.
I believe my bathroom faucet was sold by Costco.

Smooky

In the Trades
Reaction score
To remove the Delta RP54807 spray hose you will need to press in on the textured portion on the tabs on 2 sides of the white block connector. Once you have applied pressure, push up slightly and then pull the hose down off the fitting.

Last edited by a moderator:
Reaction score
First, good job on the pics. Many new members come here and provide no pics nor diagrams at all, which results in getting too many generalized answers, that I feel they don't even absorb and they just never come back, frustrated.

It looks like you have already removed the clip (red part) that keep the quick disconnects together.

All you have to do now is use some brute force to separate them (green part). Should be able to twist them too, can use key wrenches. It would have seized up over the years.
Kitchen_sprayer_guide_replacement.jpg

revolutionaryfarm

Reaction score
Does anyone know the manufacturer of the white clip assembly? I'm working in the kitchen and bath and need three of the small clips that snap on to the hose to retain the clip. I have searched all over and cannot locate the manufacturer.

Flapper

Reaction score
First, good job on the pics. Many new members come here and provide no pics nor diagrams at all, which results in getting too many generalized answers, that I feel they don't even absorb and they just never come back, frustrated.

It looks like you have already removed the clip (red part) that keep the quick disconnects together.

All you have to do now is use some brute force to separate them (green part). Should be able to twist them too, can use key wrenches. It would have seized up over the years.
This is wrong. You squeeze the sides of the red clip to release, and pull the hose off. Removing the red clip doesn't release it, it prevents you from releasing it. The red clip is like a release tool.
I have this exact connector. It comes with Glacier Bay faucets from THD.

OHTwinsMom

Reaction score
Thank you so much for the helpful hints! We have a Peerless (Delta) faucet and I finally found the sprayer replacement. After a little bit of wiggling (and a lot of swearing) I was able to get the clip(s) to release! Since we have a deep sink, it was difficult to get my hands and arm up to the top of the faucet and to try to see what I was dealing with was nearly impossible. This saved my sanity! Thanks again!!! :);):cool:

Lynette Mincks

Reaction score
I have a slightly different sprayer quick connect on my Delta faucet. When we couldn't get it to connect, I called Delta, they graciously sent out a new sprayer with clip, and we can't figure out how to get it to connect, either. I'm attaching four photos, I hope someone can tell me how to connect it. It slips on, slips right off. There are no "clips" on it to hold in place.

faucet pipes 2.jpg

faucet attachment 1.jpg

faucet attachment 2.jpg

RP54807-B1.jpg

Lynette Mincks

Reaction score
That looks like a connection used by Pegasus, and if so, Home Depot is your source for parts.
I actually got the part directly from Delta, but no directions on how to connect it. I can try to take it to Home Depot (it is 45 min. away through heavy traffic) but I've already been to several plumbing stores. Delta was supposed to have sent all the parts we needed for assembly.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks