Replacing hand shower hose on tub filler

Users who are viewing this thread

mtheo

Reaction score
I have an American Standard Amarilis tub filler - maybe circa 1985 (when the house was built). The attached manual was at the house when I bought it.
The handshower part of it (#33 in attached pdf) broke off at the threads, which are plastic. I thought I would be able to dig the broken plastic out of the female connector of the hose, but that is proving extremely difficult.

I'm on to trying to replace the hose which per attached pdf is part #28667.02.006
American Standard said it is no longer available
An off the shelf shower hose from home depot is almost right, except one end of the current hose (brass end in attached picture) is slightly slimmer to just barely fit through the holder (#29 in attached pdf)
From that end, there is an 18" faucet connector hose that ends in a 1/2 female connection on the valve side.

Any advice for finding a replacement to this hose assembly that will fit through the holder?

I reached out to American Standard and they said:
Unfortunately the only components we still have with this faucet would be the valve cartridges, the connection and hoses have all been updated, and aren't interchangeable.

I advise you reach out to some third party aftermarket suppliers like Kissler or NY Replacement Parts for valve component replacements. If they are unable to assist then it may be best to update the valve and faucet. Please use the site links below for the suppliers :

https://www.kissler.com/ & https://www.nyrpcorp.com/

Attachments

• Master bath tub filler.pdf
    559.4 KB · Views: 39
  • PXL_20240126_023832108.jpg
    PXL_20240126_023832108.jpg
    135.1 KB · Views: 41
  • PXL_20240126_023853477.jpg
    PXL_20240126_023853477.jpg
    72.9 KB · Views: 32
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks