Kohler Cimarron toilet review, Owner comments and pictures

Users who are viewing this thread

Starwarsith88

Reporter
Reaction score
We have recently installed a 2013 Kohler Cimarron CLASS 5 and what an upgrade! It replaced a 2000's Kohler Wellworth with Ingenium Flush Technology. It is VERY quiet, comfort height. Also please be aware that if you are going to get a round front Cimarron, it is going to be Class 5. And I tell ya, the class 5 has a great bowl rinse! After 2011 they redesigned the class 5 and it is a lot better! Here are some photos of the new toilet and a video I made. All of owners of a Kohler Cimarron, you gotta love them! :)

DSCN0529.jpg
DSCN0530.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

Tootsie

Reaction score
I came to this forum during a google search on changing a part on my Cimarron toilet. I saw quite a few posts on the toilet forum touting Toto and thumbing down the Cimarron, so I thought I'd register to give my two cents.

We've had our two Cimarrons for a few years now. Both installed within months of each other. The date stamped on the inside of the tank of the toilet most used is 3/24/10. Both are round bowls, chair height.

Both replaced Kohler Wellworths and with the Wellworths we had to make sure a plunger was nearby. Since installing these two Cimarron's, we've never had to plunge either one. (Just fact-checked this with hubby!)

As far as quality of flush-cleaning, we may need to swish with the toilet brush on occasion after certain types of solid waste flushes. Is that a deal breaker for us? No. It's not a big deal.

We had considered Toto, although the price seemed a bit steep. When my neighbor shared they had a Cimarron and were pleased, we decided to go with the same and have had no regrets.

We nearly always go for quality with our purchases, believing you get what you pay for, thus spending more upfront is well worth it. For the most part that mantra has held true. And I believe it has for the Cimarron.

swcooper

Reaction score
I got fed up with the Glacier Bay toilet upstairs that I'd decided to keep through 2013's remodel and had somehow developed poor flush performance AND problems with the float valve. Turned out local HDs had the elongated Cimarron on clearance at $140...if you could find one in stock still. Eventually did at one of the 3 I tried locally. Had to do some remedial work on the flange which was badly corroded and wouldn't hold a bolt on the side by the bathtub any longer, but it went in pretty smoothly (my first toilet, looks good and seems to be performing well. I did keep the Bemis seat I'd bought (with kids insert that's no longer there) for the GB one, it seemed better quality than the included seat, and the wife was happy to give it a scrub.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks