Freestanding tub faucet centers

Discussion in 'Shower & Bathtub Forum & Blog' started by Cherivg3, Apr 28, 2014.

1. Cherivg3

Cherivg3 New Member

I'm shopping for a new clawfoot tub faucet and have noticed that the current faucet is a 7" center at the faucet but a 7 3/8" center at the floor. Will the difference in size put too much stress on the whole fixture and do the holes in the floor need to be moved to 7"? I've talked to 2 different plumbers and have gotten 2 different answers. Thanks
  2. Terry

Terry Administrator Staff Member

3/8" from floor to somewhere above the tub?

I don't think it's a problem. :)
  3. johnfrwhipple

johnfrwhipple Bathroom Design & Build - North Vancouver, B.C.

What size hole is in the floor?

You might be able to increase the hole size a 1/4" and gain the wiggle room you need....

Do you have access from below for the hook up? If the holes are a little out might be because you have crap below. The rough in for these pieces should all ready be installed....

If you pulling the pipes apart it might be a little dodgy....

I find the floor mounted fixtures always take some screwing around with to get just right.
  4. Cherivg3

Cherivg3 New Member

It is approximately a 30" distance from floor to faucet.

I don't know the size of the hole in the floor. It is a Nottingham Freestanding Thermostatic Tub Faucet & Supplies with Shutoff Valves, Model # 197935.

34 1/2" height, 4" of total height is under floor.
    Heavy duty, 3/4" ID/1" OD brass pipe (I don't know what that means)

The basement is unfinished below, but could be a little difficult to access. The tub is partially on a cantilevered area with the faucet being a foot or less from the outermost part of the cantilever. It's at our cabin and I haven't been up there again to look at the pipes underneath the tub.
    Last edited: May 1, 2014
  5. Terry

Terry Administrator Staff Member

Yeah, I think you're thinking way too much about it then. :)
  6. Cherivg3

Cherivg3 New Member

That's what I wanted to hear. Thank you for your help.