Freestanding tub faucet centers

Users who are viewing this thread

Cherivg3

Reaction score
I'm shopping for a new clawfoot tub faucet and have noticed that the current faucet is a 7" center at the faucet but a 7 3/8" center at the floor. Will the difference in size put too much stress on the whole fixture and do the holes in the floor need to be moved to 7"? I've talked to 2 different plumbers and have gotten 2 different answers. Thanks

JohnfrWhipple

BATHROOM DESIGN & BUILD
Reaction score
What size hole is in the floor?

You might be able to increase the hole size a 1/4" and gain the wiggle room you need....

Do you have access from below for the hook up? If the holes are a little out might be because you have crap below. The rough in for these pieces should all ready be installed....

If you pulling the pipes apart it might be a little dodgy....

I find the floor mounted fixtures always take some screwing around with to get just right.

Cherivg3

Reaction score
It is approximately a 30" distance from floor to faucet.

I don't know the size of the hole in the floor. It is a Nottingham Freestanding Thermostatic Tub Faucet & Supplies with Shutoff Valves, Model # 197935.

34 1/2" height, 4" of total height is under floor.
Heavy duty, 3/4" ID/1" OD brass pipe (I don't know what that means)

The basement is unfinished below, but could be a little difficult to access. The tub is partially on a cantilevered area with the faucet being a foot or less from the outermost part of the cantilever. It's at our cabin and I haven't been up there again to look at the pipes underneath the tub.

Last edited:
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks