Costco Water Ridge Dual Flush Toilet Review & pictures

Users who are viewing this thread

RogerPDX

Reaction score
Costso' WaterRidge Dual Flush Manufacturer

The manufacturer of the latest WaterRidge dual flush toilet at Costco is Globe Union.
They make in in China, and it looks like they use the bowl manufacturer "Milim".

The MAP report is #18-005, Item # C21083c.
It says that it is rated for 1000g.

Can this actually be true, for a .9 /1.6 dual flush toilet?

It's sells for $80, here in Portland Oregon.

Looks good, and the dual action valve in the tank looks good too. It is also a 3"er, with a 2" glazed trapway. Comes with everything that you need to install it too.

Costco works on 10% to 12% m/u, so this would be about $120 to $150 at a store like Home Depot.

Has ANYBODY tried this toilet? I am not interested in taking a toilet back to the store! Who needs the headache? I just want it to work well, without problems...

My money is on the Drake II, but who's to say?

Last edited:

Serene

Reaction score
@RodgerPDX
I have one of these and, overall, I give it a C+ grade. It's better than the 17 y/o contractor grade Mansfield that it replaced. There are trade-offs for it being so cheap: the documentation is full of errors; I had to use my “bubble gum & bailing wire†experience during the installation; the wax ring is too cheap – spend $2 on a real one; the seat feels real cheap. Its flushing performance is almost as good as my Drake 1 toilet. I got it in January, so I can't speak to its reliability. A big minus is that even though it has the WaterSense label, it is NOT listed on the EPA website, so does not qualify for the rebate from my water district.:mad: I have it installed in a light use location (~2-5 flushes/day) and I made the right decision (for that location). I would never consider the WR for my main toilet (~25-35 flushes/day).

RogerPDX

Reaction score
Costco Water Ridge Dual Flush Toilet

Thanks for your insight. I figured as much, although it is always nice to hear from someone who actually has experience with the item.

I have been researching the best toilet for us lately, and I'm pretty sure it is the Drake II. I am so tired of brown spots/streaks left behind, and the Double Cyclone seems to be the best cleaning action that Toto has. Would you agree?

Elongated bowl and ADA height are important to me too. I really like the Aquia III, (dual flush) but from what I've read, including some comments that a Toto factory Tech has given me, the Aquia doesn't clean as well as the Drake II.

I really only want to do this one time, so I'm trying hard to find the best toilet for us. Here, in our home, the main drain to the street is a new PVC drain all the way... Nice and smooth. I am confident that the solids will move to the street fine.

On the other hand, I also need a new toilet for our beach cabin, which has a 1964 cast iron main drain pipe, some 30' long, that is not smooth inside like the new PVC. I am a bit concerned that the solids and paper might get hung up on the travel to the septic tank, with only 1.28gals. Right now we use 5 gals per flush at the cabin, which works, but is a lot of water for our limited production well.

If anybody has comments regarding the main drain situation, vs 1.28 or 1.6 gals, I would love to hear them!

Last edited:

Terry

The Plumbing Wizard
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
terrylove.com
Because the Drake uses a 3" flush valve, the drain line carry is fine.
You're not going that far with it either.
Many of the five gallon bowls only use about 2 plus gallons for the actural flush, and then a lot of water goes down after the fact as the tank and bowl refill, but very little amount of water at that time, and very slowly.

SteveW

DIY Senior Member
Reaction score
Thanks for your insight. I figured as much, although it is always nice to hear from someone who actually has experience with the item.

I have been researching the best toilet for us lately, and I'm pretty sure it is the Drake II. I am so tired of brown spots/streaks left behind, and the Double Cyclone seems to be the best cleaning action that Toto has. Would you agree?

Elongated bowl and ADA height are important to me too.

If anybody has comments regarding the main drain situation, vs 1.28 or 1.6 gals, I would love to hear them!

--Double cyclone on Totos is great - really washes the bowl well.

--By all means get the "comfort height"

--I have 1.28 and 1.6 Totos and can't tell the difference. I would have no qualms using any Toto 1.28.

Ralph1

Reaction score
I purchased the 1 piece dual flush from Costco about 3 years ago. The first problem was the seat. It slides sideways easily. Solved this by grinding some off of the 2 front bumps on the underside of the seat so they fit into the bowl. The next problem is the sticking open flush. I contacted Water ridge. None of their suggestions worked. They sent me a new flush assembly. It seamed to work at first but then also failed. I have never had a fill valve problem. In three years I have NEVER had a problem with plugging. If I cannot solve the sticking flush problem I will replace this toilet. Any suggestions on replacement part or how to fix this flush assembly

tunnelboy

Reaction score
I've installed this toilet in our single bathroom house about 3 years ago, and it gets "loads" of use. It is an excellent toilet and I would highly recommend it to anyone. Never once had a clog or any problem for that matter. I've installed 3 others for friends. Two in one house about that same time, and they haven't had any problems either. So I would say this is an exceptional buy. Yes the seat should be discarded straight out of the box. It stinks. That and the bolt caps they use are really weird looking. Replace them with the standard white click-downs. A+ as far as our experience goes.

Reader Review

Comments by readers
Reaction score
Emails and phone calls sent in by readers
Website
www.terrylove.com
Hi Terry, found you online and I was one of those Costco shoppers who bought a Waterridge dual flush. It is sufficient but I have to time the flush just right as poop is going down. Kind of challenging. One of our toilets the tank does not refill after flushing. We have to take off lid and giggle the part that gets pushed down by lever to engage flush. Any ideas how to fix that?

I would rather not take this out and return to Costco.

Thx for your help. If I cannot fix this I will have to purchse a Toto as you recommend on your website.

Christopher
Whidbey Island, Wa

wr_dual_flush.jpg

Costco WaterRidge

Last edited:

luauguy

Reaction score
WaterRidge toilets terrible!

Have 2 of these pieces of cr*p installed (sorry about pun). Never again would I buy something like these. The flappers stopped working properly after a year. Replacing one flapper only stopped the problem of "phantom flushing" but did not stop the "running on" problem. Both toilets have the running on problem after a year or two. One is the dual flush model, the other is a single flush model.

Also the seats have never fitted properly and constantly slide all over the place, giving worrisome thoughts to males in the house.

The sad thing is, it is hard to return them after you spent all the time & effort in installing them and using them for a while.

Spend some money on more than an $80 toilet and then spend your time doing something useful, like having fun or making money, instead of repairing new toilets. Visit a real plumbing store please.

The most depressing thing about this is that the lovely also bought 4 of these cheap things for a country home we're building..... :(

Cwhyu2

Consultant
Reaction score
Have 2 of these pieces of cr*p installed (sorry about pun). Never again would I buy something like these. The flappers stopped working properly after a year. Replacing one flapper only stopped the problem of "phantom flushing" but did not stop the "running on" problem. Both toilets have the running on problem after a year or two. One is the dual flush model, the other is a single flush model.

Also the seats have never fitted properly and constantly slide all over the place, giving worrisome thoughts to males in the house.

The sad thing is, it is hard to return them after you spent all the time & effort in installing them and using them for a while.

Spend some money on more than an $80 toilet and then spend your time doing something useful, like having fun or making money, instead of repairing new toilets. Visit a real plumbing store please.

The most depressing thing about this is that the lovely also bought 4 of these cheap things for a country home we're building..... :(
If they are still in the box send them back!

bobcat378

Reaction score
I have purchased three faucets from Costco and they were all WaterRidge. You cannot beat the quality for the price. They work just fine. I would rather pay 79 bucks for a faucet that does the job rather than pay over 200 bucks for something I get tired of in a couple of years. I bought a low flush WR toilet and it works great, I keep looking for two more for my home and I believe they have been discoed. The toilet flushes the poop and pee just with one flush, never had to plunge yet. Costco sells good quality stuff, they don't sell crap like Walmart does. I have no complaints.
bob

Urban Contracting

Reaction score
There are now more then twenty "WaterRidge" toilets on the MaP test. When this thread was started, there was only one. A lot depends on "which" Costco product you have for which week. It's changes constantly
As a contractor I've installed dozens of the exact toilet your inquiring about. This toillet should have the name " Super Toilet " . The MaP rating on an average toilet in the 80's was around 150g , the number of grams of solid waste in one flush. Today the average has risen to around 350g , not bad ! This toilet has a rating of 1000g yes 1000g - not a typo so feel good about buying this toilet - personally i'd like to meet the engineers so i could tell them how great a job they did . :)

Last edited by a moderator:

Jadnashua

Retired Defense Industry Engineer xxx
Reaction score
As a contractor I've installed dozens of the exact toilet your inquiring about. This toillet should have the name " Super Toilet " . The MaP rating on an average toilet in the 80's was around 150g , the number of grams of solid waste in one flush. Today the average has risen to around 350g , not bad ! This toilet has a rating of 1000g yes 1000g - not a typo so feel good about buying this toilet - personally i'd like to meet the engineers so i could tell them how great a job they did . :)

The MAP test is quite different now than it was, so comparisons other than within the same years, are essentially meaningless. Plastic wrapped paste verses bare paste makes a huge difference. The old test was closer to the real thing, the new one is mostly marketing, but still has some validity. The plastic wrapped stuff is much slipperier, so it gains more velocity rather than sticking, so you can flush more.

billtell

Reaction score
Water Ridge High-Efficiency Toilets with Dual Flush MODEL NUMBER 53315

I have two of these toilets and they work extremely well. The poo button (bigger flush) is unnecessary for poo 99% of the time. Maybe we have small poos:)

The information by some people on this blog is patently false. I don't understand why they would try to discredit the Water Ridge brand. Is it because these toilets are made in China? Is it because they want to sell more expensive toilets? Is it because they want to make themselves seem expert? Who knows?

Don't pay attention to them.

I called Costco Customer Service 866.789.2273 and was told the toilets have a lifetime guarantee. They also said parts are readily available.

I replaced two water efficient American Standard toilets that stopped working properly (they used more and more water). I wound up replacing the inner workings but they still were not satisfactory. So things can happen to any brand.

As I said my Water Ridge 533515 toilets work perfectly.

billtell

Reaction score
Water Ridge High-Efficiency Dual Flush Model 533515 - COSTCO

Water Ridge High-Efficiency Dual Flush Model 533515 - COSTCO Edit Blog Entry

I have two of these toilets and they work extremely well. The poo button (bigger flush) is unnecessary for poo 99% of the time. Maybe we have small poos

The information by some people on another blog on this site is patently false. I don't understand why they would try to discredit the Water Ridge brand. Is it because these toilets are made in China? Is it because they want to sell more expensive toilets? Is it because they want to make themselves seem expert? Who knows?

I called Costco Customer Service 866.789.2273 and was told the toilets have a lifetime guarantee. They also said parts are readily available.

I replaced two water efficient American Standard toilets that stopped working properly (they used more and more water). I wound up replacing the inner workings but they still were not satisfactory. So things can happen to any brand.

Jimingram

Reaction score
Good review billtell. I bought 12 of these for an apartment building and they work fine. No problems in over 12 months. Costco guarantee is the best.

billtell

Reaction score
Water Ridge High-Efficiency Dual Flush Model 533515 - COSTCO

I have two of these toilets and they work extremely well. The poo button (bigger flush) is unnecessary for poo 99% of the time. Maybe we have small poos :)

The information by some people on another blog on this site is patently false. I don't understand why they would try to discredit the Water Ridge brand. Is it because these toilets are made in China? Is it because they want to sell more expensive toilets? Is it because they want to make themselves seem expert? Who knows?

Jimingram

Reaction score
Good review billtell

I see you have posted a new thread.

I love these toilets. Put 12 of them in a 12 unit apartment building in San Diego. They work great. No problems in over 12 months

flapwing

Reaction score
Costco Customer Support thumbs up!

I have 3 Costco WaterRidge one-piece (model C22055C) toilets installed mid 2009. Two of them have the common "water keeps running after flush, valve not dropping" problem as well as the "laterally askew moving seat". I called the Costco customer support # 866.789.2273 and for $7.95 shipping I am receiving 2 flush towers and 3 seats. Gotta love Costco....

Ralph1

Reaction score
Switching back to costco 1 piece RONA BAD

Bought a costco 1 piece about 4 years ago. Had the sticking flush problem,so recently bought a 1 piece dual flush toilet from RONA . It is rated at 700gm, so I expected it to preform better than the costco toilet. It did NOT. Half the time on the high flush it does not flush all the toilet paper down. I called RONA . They said it must be bad drainage line or plugged vent pipe,and not their toilet.Also because it had been installed it was not returnable. I explained that the toilet I just took out did not have this problem. Not returnable and not a problem with their toilet . So I thought I would call costco about the issues with their toilet (what I should have done before buying the RONA toilet) They told me the the costco toilet has a lifetime warranty and there is a new improved flush assembly. I also mentioned the seat problem. They said the seat was still the same, but would send one also. I just had to pay $7.95 for shipping. Received new parts in a few days. The seat is NOT the same as the old one. It looks much better. The flush assembly looks good also ( time will tell). At this point I am very happy with costco and very unhappy with RONA,as I am stuck with a RONA toilet .

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks