Costco Water Ridge Dual Flush Toilet Review & pictures

Users who are viewing this thread

WJcandee

Wise One
Reaction score
I have the same problem. I also noticed the short flush works fine, the rubber seals it properly. But when using the long flush, it appears the seal is never made again and the drip starts. Did you call your local Costco store or a support number? Did you need a receipt? I need to do the same! :)

In reply 113 above, I told the poster to "call Costco Customer Service 866.789.2273 and talk to them about it", and I'd give the same advice to you. Regarding your question about a need for the receipt, I know that, with computers, they just ask if they have your permission to access your membership purchase info, you say "Yes". They have your complete purchase history available, so they just say, "Okay, the HP BlahBlah with the BlahBlah that you bought on February 24, 2009?". You say, "Yes", and that's it. I assume its the same for the toilets, assuming that you purchased it on your own membership.

Let us know how it goes, so we can help others... And good luck!

Last edited:

mopilac

Reaction score
The new flush unit just came in today and so far so good! It was a different one than the original but the set up was the same; however, there is now the issue of the rods from the flush buttons being too short and it barely reaching the actual flush unit

j1paque,
No receipt is required because I moved into this house with the toilets already installed by the contractor. I told Costco just that and I actually didn't have to pay for anything. Although I know a few other posters paid for shipping..

Last edited by a moderator:

Ralph1

Reaction score
Update

Bought a costco 1 piece about 4 years ago. Had the sticking flush problem,so recently bought a 1 piece dual flush toilet from RONA . It is rated at 700gm, so I expected it to preform better than the costco toilet. It did NOT. Half the time on the high flush it does not flush all the toilet paper down. I called RONA . They said it must be bad drainage line or plugged vent pipe,and not their toilet.Also because it had been installed it was not returnable. I explained that the toilet I just took out did not have this problem. Not returnable and not a problem with their toilet . So I thought I would call costco about the issues with their toilet (what I should have done before buying the RONA toilet) They told me the the costco toilet has a lifetime warranty and there is a new improved flush assembly. I also mentioned the seat problem. They said the seat was still the same, but would send one also. I just had to pay $7.95 for shipping. Received new parts in a few days. The seat is NOT the same as the old one. It looks much better. The flush assembly looks good also ( time will tell). At this point I am very happy with costco and very unhappy with RONA,as I am stuck with a RONA toilet .
6 months since new parts. So far working perfect. Use only the low flush for both #1 and #2 and has worked perfect EVERY time. There is a simple minor adjustment required on the push buttons to work properly with the new flush assembly. The new seat is much better and is satisfactory. Because this Costco toilet flushed everything down before and after the Rona auberhaus toilet, it is obvious the poor flushing with the Rona toilet is the Rona toilet and not my drainage or vent. Very satisfied with Costco. Not satisfied with Rona.

WJcandee

Wise One
Reaction score
There is a simple minor adjustment required on the push buttons to work properly with the new flush assembly.

Can you describe that adjustment here so others who happen upon this site -- and our friend MOPILAC in the post above -- can benefit from the explanation? Thanks!

Ralph1

Reaction score
Adjustment

Can you describe that adjustment here so others who happen upon this site -- and our friend MOPILAC in the post above -- can benefit from the explanation? Thanks!
Adjustment may be needed after replacing old style flush mechanism with new style as new style appears to be a bit shorter.If you have to push the flush buttons too far to get it to flush,remove tank lid and turn it upside down. There are 2 plastic threaded rods. One attached to the full flush button and one attached to the low flush button. The end of the threaded rod is screwed into the flush button. There is a lock nut on the threaded rod where it screws into the flush button. The nut does not look like a normal nut and I had trouble at first to tell it was a nut. Loosen this nut by turning it counter clockwise. You may need to carefully use pliers or needle nose pliers. Now unscrew the threaded rod a few turns. Put the cover on and try it.Remove cover and adjust as necessary to get it as like it. Do the same on the other one. Re-tighten the lock nuts. My toilet is a old one piece and I do not know if the newer ones or 2 piece are the same. Still using only the low flush without a single problem. P.S. Sorry I took so long to reply. You probably have all figured this out by now on your own, but just in case.

Jarrodsmom

Reaction score
I have two of the Water Ridge toilets and have never had any problems with them except for the seat. Is there anyway way to change them?? Also trying to figure out which button is which is a challenge. No manual in the boxes I got.

db4elle

Reaction score
Hi Terry, found you online and I was one of those Costco shoppers who bought a Waterridge dual flush. It is sufficient but I have to time the flush just right as poop is going down. Kind of challenging. One of our toilets the tank does not refill after flushing. We have to take off lid and giggle the part that gets pushed down by lever to engage flush. Any ideas how to fix that?

I would rather not take this out and return to Costco.

Thx for your help. If I cannot fix this I will have to purchse a Toto as you recommend on your website.

Christopher
Whidbey Island, Wa

wr_dual_flush.jpg

Costco WaterRidge

Hey Christopher,

You may have replaced your toilet by now, but I have 3 of the same ones as in your picture, and they all leaked. That is, when flushing, the valve would get stuck and remain in the OPEN position unless you jiggled the buttons as you described.

Since I'm an engineer and like taking things apart and fixing them (after getting replacement flush cartridges from WaterRidge didn't help), I did just that, and I think I found an alternate solution that I haven't been able to find online yet.

It seems that during the manufacturing process of the flush button assembly, the axle on which the flush lever pivots contains a casting line (two in fact). Sometimes these casting lines can jam the lever in the 'flush' position causing the leak and preventing the tank from filling. The solution to this problem is to open up the assembly, remove the lever, and using some find sand paper or emery cloth, polish the axle until it is very smooth and perfectly round. This should fix the jamming of the lever and the leaking of the water.

I posted some more details (pictures and a video) HERE.

It might not be very clear because it was midnight when I wrote the solution, so if its not, let me know and I'll try and explain it a bit better. Hope this works for someone! Apart from the leaking valve these toilets are great :)

Grace99

Reaction score
Costco WaterRidge toilets

I purchased three of these about a year ago....in Oregon we get water credits for installing low flow toilets so I got three of them for three bathrooms. They use very little water.

They have all worked perfectly until recently, one of them has a sticking flush mechanism. I tried lubricating it but to no avail. Under the lid, there is a contact number, the model number, and so I called it. They are sending the replacement flush mechanism...no muss, no fuss.

The toilets sold for $75 at Costco, and each one carried a $50 rebate from the State. So they cost $15 each, and are great. The company satisfied my issue instantly. How could you do better than that?

Breplum

Licensed plumbing contractor
Reaction score
I have quite a few of the WDI Ecoflush products installed around and they have all had issues with the flush lever section failing over a few year period. WDI has been very good and easygoing with sending replacements, but they do charge me for shipping before sending! And as long as your customer's don't mind changing out the lever mechanism themselves, then it is a quick fix.
But if I make a service call every time one goes bad, it obviously is incredibly annoying and unsatisfactory for the customer.

I stopped selling any brand that uses the EcoFlush.

WJcandee

Wise One
Reaction score
They have all worked perfectly until recently, one of them has a sticking flush mechanism. I tried lubricating it but to no avail. Under the lid, there is a contact number, the model number, and so I called it. They are sending the replacement flush mechanism...no muss, no fuss. ... The company satisfied my issue instantly. How could you do better than that?

Better would be to have a flush mechanism, like the one in the Toto Aquia, that doesn't fail, particularly one that doesn't fail within a year after installation. For a person that isn't a do-it-yourselfer, paying a plumber to come fix the thing -- and maybe make two trips because he won't have that part and will have to order it -- will instantly eat up the difference in cost after the first trip.

wijnand van der net

Reaction score
Water ridge toilet dual flush works well

I bought 2 of these toilets, installed them and unfortunately broke the tank lid of 1

Contacted Costco's # given and arranged to have another shipped out, NO problem, I had it in 4 days

I inquired about carrying spare repair kits and was told its not neccasary as they are available anytime, just a phone call away.

I am a Building manager and we have American standard and Kohler low flush toilets installed in the apartments, and every now & then, we have a back up, in fact my old toilet, 18 years old, where I live now used to back up too.
so if the WR backs up, its no different.

The toilet is higher than normal and the seat unless you stand on it, is quite comfortable and sturdy enough

I'm quite happy with Costcos product & service.

VAN

Costco is introducing a new Dual Flush Toilet that is rated as 1.6gpf and 1.1gpf respectively and it has a “Fluidmaster†2†valve system. The name of the unit is “Waterridge†Item No. 386082 and it is made in China, seemingly for Costco. Waterridge appears to be the manufacturer. September 14 2007

I cannot find any information on the Web (including TerryLove) regarding this toilet or its manufacturer. Is this a quality toilet? Would I be flushing my money down the toilet if I purchased, actually two. My local water authority has no information about this product. I would appreciate any information or opinion you might have.
Thanks.

wr_dual_flush.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

Veefre

Reaction score
Costco Waterridge Toilets OK

I bought 2 of these toilets, installed them and unfortunately broke the tank lid of 1

Contacted Costco's # given and arranged to have another shipped out, NO problem, I had it in 4 days

I inquired about carrying spare repair kits and was told its not neccasary as they are available anytime, just a phone call away.

I am a Building manager and we have American standard and Kohler low flush toilets installed in the apartments, and every now & then, we have a back up, in fact my old toilet, 18 years old, where I live now used to back up too.
so if the WR backs up, its no different.

The toilet is higher than normal and the seat unless you stand on it, is quite comfortable and sturdy enough

I'm quite happy with Costcos product & service.
https://terrylove.com/forums/images/icons/icon14.png

VAN

I have two WaterRidge toilets from Costco. Both are one-piece. One was purchased quite some time ago (I'm thinking five years) but it sat in my garage in the box until last December when I finally decided to install it. It is similar to the one pictured in the previous message, with the fluted base, fully exposed trapway and a standard 15" bowl height. It seems to have the Fluidmaster fill valve, as well. It has worked extremely well for the past six months - better than the circa 1965 vintage American Standard it replaced. No problem flushing liquids, paper, and solids. Unlike the A/S, it has never clogged. The seat height is good because I put an electronic bidet seat on it that raises it up to about 17" anyway. A 17" bowl height would have been too tall for that. The tank is not lined, but this is generally not a problem with our arid summers here. The model number is C22055C.

I was pleased enough with it that I bought a second one, part number C22133C. The box says it's the "Parisian" model. It's got a smooth base, partially concealed trapway, and 17" ADA compliant seat height. It has a styrofoam lined tank, not sure if that matters. I recently installed that, replacing a 1941 vintage Kohler 4518 unit which gobbled water and needed its flush valve and fill valve replaced anyway. This one also works very well, although I have noticed that it seems to be a bit more miserly with water on the flushes than the earlier model. It has updated fill and flush valves - which unfortunately don't match the illustrations in the owner's manual. They do not appear to be adjustable, so I guess I'll have to call WR to find out if there are adjustments or an updated owner's manual. The bowl fill is less than with the previously model, but I'm not sure if that makes much difference.

On the model with the exposed trapway, I can see that there may be a 90 degree bend in the trapway just before the floor drain. I suppose stuff could collect there but I figure that if stuff has made it through the rest of the trap it's not going to stop just before the floor drain. Next time I'm at Costco I'll take a look at their display model(s) to see if that bend is anything major. The rectangular look of the trapway just under the bowl is there for a purpose: the main water flush is delivered in that direction, horizontally from front to back, and this is what enables the toilet to use less water but still propel solids through the trap. Since the toilet has had no clogs, unlike the vintage model that preceded it, I'm guessing the final bend in the path is nothing to worry about.

In any case, I'd recommend these units. They are both rated at 1000g flush power, and are quite reasonably priced for what you get. The price I paid was about $140 each, and I got a rebate on one from the local water company of about $100, which is not too shabby ($40 net cost!). I prefer the one-piece construction as it is easier to keep clean and looks neater, although it's more expensive, and possibly more difficult to install than a two-piece. Costco is selling the one-piece equivalent for about $90.

With both toilets I've noticed that if one pushes and holds down the either flush button, the unit will deliver more water, up to the maximum in the tank. A quick push just delivers the metered amount.

I also have a WaterRidge kitchen faucet and it's worked very well. And when the rubber boot on the pushbutton spray head control cracked and started leaking a little, WR sent me a new spray head with no fuss. I assume the same level of service would apply to these toilets. I have a call into WR/Costco to get updated adjustment instructions for the newer C22133C toilet flush and fill valves... waiting for an email...

WJcandee

Wise One
Reaction score
By the way, speaking of Costco, I was intrigued to see that they now sell the Caroma Sydney 270, which uses an offset flange adapter to fit either 10" or 12" rough-ins. More importantly, they claim it has a FOUR INCH trapway. Can that be right? Wouldn't that be a challenge (or at least a little misleading) given how many people have 3" closet bends?

JJLEPR

Reaction score
You are one lucky person. Just got off the phone with Costco Customer service and they wanted to charge $84 to send two flush devices for the dual flush Water Ridge toilet. Unreal. Time switch toilets and try to buy a mainstream manufacturer.

Ralph1

Reaction score
Should be seven dollars and ninety-five cents

You are one lucky person. Just got off the phone with Costco Customer service and they wanted to charge $84 to send two flush devices for the dual flush Water Ridge toilet. Unreal. Time switch toilets and try to buy a mainstream manufacturer.

I have never paid more than $7.95 for shipping and parts are free as they have lifetime warranty. I have a one piece that is several years old and is working fine. I recently purchased 3 of the newer style. I have installed only 1 so far. It does not work as well as the old one, but is satisfactory. I do like the new seat better than the old one so far.

oto

Reaction score
My Costco single piece dual flush tank is slowly leaking and I hear it refill occasionally, and one of the flush buttons wasn't fully popping back up into place (although enough to fully clear the flush mechanism, so that the water refilled and stopped).

I called Globe Union 866-789-2273 and went through the call-tree to selecting Consumer and then Parts. They asked about the color of the flush mechanism and determined it was an older design (yellow track down the side). They are sending an updated flush mechanism (blue on side), the plungers that go into the tank cover, and a new seat; all under warranty at no charge.

They sent a confirmation email with installation instructions. It looks like a 20 minute task, requiring only a philips screwdriver.

oto

Reaction score
Follow up: It took 15-20 minutes. The emailed instructions were very complete. Installing the new seat took a few more minutes. The attachment bolts with oblong metal inserts look improved, over the plastic washers.

cst

Reaction score
WaterRidge dual flush toilet

Hi,

A few years ago, a professional plumber installed three dual flush toilets that I purchased from Costco. They are WaterRidge products with the following wordings appearing on a label attached to the toilet: ASME/ANSI A112.19.14.
Unfortunately, they are now developing problems. I am seeking your advice as to how to trouble shoot the following problems by myself as an ordinary house owner.

1) The Quick Flush button does not retract automatically by itself after being pressed (the tank DOES refill, no problem here). How to trouble shoot this problem?

2) Water keeps dripping in the overflow tube after flushing: I could stop the dripping manually by lifting the float. Is there a way to adjust the level of float so that the water could be stopped dripping automatically? I notice that there is a thumb screw with plus (+) and minus (-) signs printed at the tip of the water-level-adjustment arm. Do these signs have anything to do with the level of the float? If so, how to raise the float? Do I follow the direction of plus sign?

3) The water-level-adjustment arm seems quite fragile and cannot be turned left or right easily with an ordinary Philip screw driver. How to properly turn the thumb screw without breaking the arm?

Your kind advice will be appreciated. Many thanks.
CST

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks