Glacier Bay Glacier Bay Dual Flush HET AIO Toilet

Users who are viewing this thread

BigHornRam

Reaction score
Can anyone provide any information on the Glacier Bay Dual Flush available at Home Depot? This toilet sells for $158 and according to the MaP test report it rates at 1000 grams! I have not been able to locate any reviews or specifics about flushing technology etc. Can anyone provide any insight into this toilet?

Glacier Bay Glacier Bay Dual Flush HET AIO Toilet

Model # N2316 Internet/Catalog # 100676582
Store SKU # 215583

Glacier Bay 1.1/1.6GPF dual flush elongated HET AIO toilet. Liquids flush at 1.1 GPF, solids flush at 1.6GPF. Chrome plated top mounted flush button. EPA WaterSense Certified. Meets HET rebate standards - high rebate $$$. Chair height elongated bowl meets ADA standards. Large footprint - excellent for retrofitting. Everything you need in one box - tank, bowl, wax ring, floor bolts w/caps and toilet seat.

* Best flush performance - 10
* EPA WaterSense certified
* Liquids flush at 1.1GPF, solids flush at 1.6GPF
* Chrome plated top mounted flush button
* MFG Brand Name : Glacier Bay
* MFG Model # : N2316
* MFG Part # : 215-583

glacier_bay_toilet_dual.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

Gary Swart

In the Trades
Reaction score
Recently I was in HD for some parts. While I was talking to the head of the department, a lady came up obviously needing to speak to him, so I told him to take care of the problem. It seems she had recently purchased 2 Glacier Bay toilets, models not known, and they both were leaking. The department head referred her to the store manager. These toilets are commonly called "builder or contractor toilets" because they are so cheap. Contractors buy them to install in spec houses not caring that the homeowner will almost certainly have to replace them within a year or two. In my opinion, if you have a good quality and good performing toilet, dual flush is really not needed. My Toto Dartmouth after almost 2 years service has never needed to be flushed twice, and has not need the extra boost available by holding the handle up to drain the tank of the extra water. There has never been a clog. The Dartmouth is quite similar to the Drake.

Dunbar Plumbing

Master Plumber
Reaction score
Northern Kentucky/Greater Cincinnati Area
Website
www.KoldBreeze.com
Can anyone provide any information on the Glacier Bay Dual Flush available at Home Depot? This toilet sells for $158 and according to the MaP test report it rates at 1000 grams! I have not been able to locate any reviews

That's because the product does not live up to expectation, and the quality is piss-poor.

I won't install one due to their chronic problems with reliability after the sale.

There's nothing special about everything being in the box.

Toilet seat is cheap

Wax ring will be horned - can't use

closet flange bolts will be measly 1/4" and steel - guaranteed to rust

You still need a supply line for the water.

glacier-bay-toilet-lean.jpg

BigHornRam

Reaction score
Thanks so much for the replies on this.

I've been researching this project for some time, been sitting on the fence and am ready to jump, or thought so anyway. I am sold on Toto and had the benefit of staying in a hotel equipped with caroma 270's so I have a working knowledge of them. I'm not very sure how there could be any kind of watermark on the caroma as the flush is as I would compare to that of a forceful garden hose hitting it. I was truely impressed and amazed. That is why I would like to see the toto to compare.

Based on my motivation which is entirely water conservation and I am changing out model year 2000 toilets (don't know the gpf ratings) the dual flush technology seemed like the likely choice though I am absolutely open minded and impressionable.

Terry

The Plumbing Wizard
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
terrylove.com
I sold a lot of the Caroma dual flush until I was able to get the Toto Aquia dual flush.

While the Caroma worked well, I've been happier with the Toto Aquia.

I have less problems with the Toto, and the water doesn't splash out of the bowl like on the Caroma.

HD doesn't carry parts for their house brand toilets.

BigHornRam

Reaction score
Thanks Terry, that's good to know. How much actual water savings can be realized between the Aquia and the other Toto's, for example the Drake. Is it worth the additional money for the dual flush feature and is the Drake Double Cyclone technology clean the bowl better and make up for the additional water useage?

Bedweary

Reaction score
I just bought one of these things! Bad decision?

Hello, I'm a new member of the forum.

Sorry to jump into the thread, but I just purchased one of these Glacier Bay dual-flush toilets (it was on sale, all in one box, etc.) and was wondering if anyone could be more specific about reliability of the product(is it Glacier Bay in general, or this toilet specifically?). Does anyone know precisely where leaks developed? Also I was skeptical about the flush mechanism, it seems to be all plastic. Is that just going to turn into a headache?

I'm still at the point where I can re-box & return it so any information would be very much appreciated.

Wish I had known about this fantastic forum before I went to Home Depot yesterday. Live & learn, I guess. Thanks, BR

spaarks

Reaction score
Glacier Bay Dual Flush

I just installed one recently, seems reasonable quality. Water savings isn't much at 0.5 Gallons and the flush can only be adjusted by a small amount.

Gary, dual-flush isn't for when you need to flush twice!
Dual flush is very common in Europe and the 'liquids' flush is only about half a gallon. U.S. toilets have a much greater tendency to block up so perhaps the 1.1 gallons is a Government rtegulation.

Terry

The Plumbing Wizard
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
terrylove.com
Glacier Bay, the second most complaints to Cascade Water are for the Glacier Bay.
The worst toilet is the top rated by Consumer Reports Gerber DF-21-318
At least you didn't buy that one.

Good luck on parts, Home Depot doesn't carry parts for them.

Coopns

Reaction score
Glacier Bay Dual Flush Toilet - Thoughts?

I like the look of this toilet at HD. Glacier Bay Dual Flush
I would prefer to stay in that price range, I like the water efficiency and flush ratings.

Any thoughts or recommendations?

Thanks.

The Glacier Bay bowl is 31-0" long.
The TOTO Aquia bowl is 27-1/4" long

n2216.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

Coopns

Reaction score
Sorry...should have searched...

Could someone recommend a toilet in the 150 range? Would like a high flush rating. Also, something that can be bought at HD or Lo's.

Micp879

Reaction score
Well, the caveat that it has to be available at the big box stores really diminishes your options. First off, practically everyone on these boards will recommend you avoid pegasus and glacier bay. Those are the "house brands" at HD, and they seem to have alot of issues. Some dont flush very well, and the ones that actually do, you will have alot of trouble finding replacement parts for. Some people have reported success with American Standards Champion 4, or their Cadet 3 models. However, especially at the big box stores, you will likely face alot of quality control issues, and should probably plan on returning the toilet at least a time or two before you find one that isn't damaged or deformed. If you are lucky enough to find one in good shape, many of them have reportedly had issues with leaking flappers down the road, that will require repair or replacement. Best of luck!!

NamVet

Reaction score
It is has been over THREE YEARS ...

...since the last post ...any news on the quality of these units ? ... I have TWO OF THEM waiting in the second bedroom of a condo here in FL ....should I or shouldn't I put these in ...or just take them back ......

It was kind of told to me that the earlier units did NOT have the smooth glazing on the inside of the trap ..... Yes? ....THX, Eric

David1959

Reaction score
I'm not sure if this was the correct place to post my comment/question, or whether I should have started a new thread. I was in Home Depot looking for raised seat toilets when I saw the Glacier Bay dual flush (no model name), sku #468 213 in biscuit, price $158 with a lifetime warranty. I actually prefer bone, because that is the color of my present bathroom and toilet, but I saw this one and thought the price was acceptable. Due to neck surgery and a subsequent stroke, I have recently become disabled, (I can't drive or work), and even though I am able to walk with the use of a cane, I need a toilet that is ADA certified, (or compliant) because of my knees. Since I am not working, I am on a strict budget, hence the comment on the price being "acceptable", but I wanted to research this toilet before I bought it. I'm glad I did, because even with a lifetime warranty, I only want to remove and install a toilet once. I will be doing it myself, (hopefully), since I've had it out before to repair the flange ring(?) and I can't afford to purchase a toilet plus pay the labor to install it. What I would like to know, are there any toilets that are relatively inexpensive, (I don't like the word cheap), that are ADA compliant that you would recommend buying? I researched what makes a toilet ADA compliant, and it stated a bowl height of 17" to 19". So why do some toilets with a bowl height of 16.5 inches qualify as ADA compliant, while others do not? It makes an already difficult decision even more difficult. Any assistance you could provide me would help. Thank you.

Last edited:

David1959

Reaction score
Sorry It took so long to get back. I understand the bowl height of a toilet at 16.5", plus the 1.25" seat add up to 17.25" which would make it ADA compliant, but I don't understand why some toilets that have a bowl height of 16.5" are ADA compliant, while another toilet with a bowl height of the same 16.5" is not. I've looked on the internet, in stores, and I keep seeing the same thing, and it doesn't matter if the toilets come with seats or not. I've even measured TWO toilets at the same store that had BOWL heights of 16.5", one was ADA compliant, and the other was not. It stated it in the specifications on the boxes that one was ADA compliant, while the other stated it was not. I guess it doesn't matter, 16.5" is 16.5" no matter how you look at it, but when I search "ADA compliant toilets" on the internet, I am sure that I am missing some toilets because of this discrepancy. Any suggestions on what is a good toilet to get that will also offer a choice in bone. Thanks

Last edited:

Jadnashua

Retired Defense Industry Engineer xxx
Reaction score
There's more to being ADA compliant than just the seat height...it needs to be elongated, and the flush lever must be on the side furthest from the wall so the person can reach it without having to reach over the toilet. Many toilets would meet the requirements if they had a 'handed' tank. Most only come with it on one side, so there's only a 50% chance it could meet the requirements, so technically, it's not listed as ADA-compliant. There may be other things, but I haven't looked recently, and do not remember if there are.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks