Search results

1. Xenomorph

Am I going to have trouble with my trap?

I am kind of nervous about one small part of my plumbing design, my code book shows this installation to be ok, but it just doesn't look right to me for some reason. Will my water heater drain trap be affected by the draining of the washing machine? thx.
  2. Xenomorph

DWV expansion joints

I am not familiar with using expansion joints, so I am hoping the more experienced plumbers here could enlighten me: 1) Are they used to guard against movement in the ground, roof, or both? 2) Where are they placed...at the bottom of a stack? 3) Should every stack have an expansion...
  3. Xenomorph

Water heater drain pan

I am just wondering what you guys do to connect the vertical tailpiece/downspout to the galvanized water heater drain pan. The tailpiece is brass, but the pan is galvanized. Is it possible to solder the 2 together using acid flux and regular solder? thx.
  4. Xenomorph

Concrete Demoliton Advice

I am trying to learn about doing concrete demolition the most efficient way, but am not having much luck finding reading material. I am interested in making small-medium sized holes, as well as occasionally making trenches. Should I go with a demoliton hammer? Or a full sized jackhammer? Or...
  5. Xenomorph

Making holes in cocrete backerboard

I am curious as to how to make small holes for plumbing in concrete backerboard, I know you can score the hole and carefully bash it out, but is there an easier way? Is it possible to use a router with a carbide striaght bit or something along those lines? Thx.
  6. Xenomorph

Drop Elbow for shower bar rough in

I am curious about roughing in a drop elbow for a sliding shower bar. Do you rough in the drop elbow flush with the face of the studs or is the depth not that critical? There will be backerboard and tile going on infront of the drop elbow, and then a drop elbow trim piece and nipple going into...
  7. Xenomorph

Black tubing and glued fittings?

I came across and proceeded to bust a 1/2" cold water line inside a building of black tubing which seemed to be glued into fittings...any ideas what this might be? Thx.
  8. Xenomorph

Shower drain tool?

Is there an acutal tool that is made for screwing the male threaded drain grate into the female threaded drain body? I thought there was some kind of spanner wrench that would do the trick but I can't find any reference to it. Thx.
  9. Xenomorph

Basement bathroom rough-in

I am going to try to rough in a bathroom basement, but I am not too sure how to proceed on some of the drainage because I am new to working with a slab. Here's my questions: 1) For the toilet rough-in, am I supposed to use some sort of collar or tape around the stub where the concrete will...
  10. Xenomorph

Anyone have any experiences with the A.S. SAVONA ELONGATED ONE-PIECE toilet?

Anyone have any experiences with the A.S. SAVONA ELONGATED ONE-PIECE toilet and can give a review of it? Thx.
  11. Xenomorph

Any market for reclaimed retro fixtures?

Anyone know if there is some kind of established market for used retro fixtures from around the 70s? Or is it not worth the hassle to track down a buyer? thx.
  12. Xenomorph

Faucet handle slides down

I am stumped by this one: I replaced the cartridge in a moen monticello kitchen faucet to repair a leak, but now the weight of the handle causes the handle to slide down to the off position once you move the handle up to the on position and let go of it. I noticed that the stem of the...
  13. Xenomorph

Install clawfoot bathtub faucet

The taps for this clawfoot tub have a 3/4" thread outlet on the back of the taps. I am just wondering what is the normal way to connect the tub to the shutoff valve? I suppose I could install reducing couplings on the taps, or make a custom supply line in pex, but maybe there is a better way...
  14. Xenomorph

Install bathtub over tile?

Anyone know if it's ok to install a bathtub over a ceramic tile floor...by this I mean extend the tile underneath the bathtub skirt...or will this just cause the tiles to break when someone steps into the tub and the skirt bears down on the tile? thx
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks